Author Topic: Parts for T35-S  (Read 6385 times)

Offline MrWright

Parts for T35-S
« on: 08 Dec 2005 at 19:13 »
Hello all.  I am in need of the following parts: speedometer, chain guard, rear fender, axhaust pipes, generator (on top of motor), rear light.  Iwill need more parts as I progress.  Thanks in advance.

Offline trevorp

• Master Member
Re: Parts for T35-S
« Reply #1 on: 09 Dec 2005 at 02:10 »
welcome aboard mr wright we will need pic of your bike or engine and frame number as parts vary in the t35 seies
first need to work out which model it is and we can help rom there
i also suggest that u join the london douglas motorcycle club as they have some parts and u have to be a member to access these parts
look forward to some pics

Offline MrWright

« Reply #2 on: 09 Dec 2005 at 23:39 »
The frame number is T35 S 2776.  I have attached a pic, more to follow (sorry about the resolution, the next pics shall be better).
Dave

Larger view HERE
« Last Edit: 12 Dec 2005 at 10:01 by alwyn »

Offline trevorp

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2005 at 09:48 »
ok your bike is a t35 mk 1 1947 ok where do we start
u need carbies they are amal 274 aj/4a and 274ak/4a
chaingaurd is avail ldmcc but your rear sprocket is non genuine and suggest this bike has been used for trial work and your top speed will be well below 45 mph
you are only missing dynamo as u have magneto these are fairly easy to get the magnetos are like rocking horse poo
i will check for part number and get back to u
the handle bars were flat on this model
u are missing clutch adjuster cover not hard to make
exhausts are available this model had an alloy muffler called a woofle box but some people just do what u are thinking about
look in members gallery at alwyns bike its a pretty good example of a mk 1 if u want to know what one looks
also missing toolbox and battery carrier battery carrier easy to fabricate toolbox a little more difficult

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2005 at 10:33 »
Link to the thread about Alwyn's T35 - http://www.douglasmotorcycles.net/index.php/topic,43.0.html

Alwyn, do you have any enlargements you can add to this thread?

Also closeups of the Smith's speedo and handlebars in this thread - http://www.douglasmotorcycles.net/index.php/topic,208.0.html

Dave

Offline MrWright

« Reply #5 on: 10 Dec 2005 at 13:36 »
Thanks trevorp, Dave and all, this is exactly the kind of info I need.  As for the dynamo, I was thinking of going to a 12 volt system, as I can probably retro-fit any number of “looks right” 12 volt dynos.  However, I would prefer to stay with the original.  These bikes were not imported into the states (as I have been told), so we have no jumble-yards for such bikes (thank goodness for the internet).  Also, I REALY appreciate the pictures!  They are my greatest source for making parts.  The original sprocket is bolted to the jumbo sprocket.  I have not touched the bike at all since purchase.  It is my intension to research the bike to the fullest extent, and then systematically break it down.  I have a source for custom head gaskets (a local laser cutter whom is sympathetic to my needs) so I will have head gaskets cut from a stack of .002 brass and gasket fiber.  If you could, would you please snap a shot of the handlebar mount, battery bracket and dynamo?  This will be of great help.  Thanks again, you all made my morning!
Dave
 :)

Offline KiwiJohn

« Reply #6 on: 03 Feb 2006 at 05:18 »
Mr Wright,  take care with your head gasket plans,  I believe there is a spigot to match the head to the barrel which requires a minimum thickness gasket.

motorcycle