Author Topic: Mk1 t35  (Read 4889 times)

Offline trevorp

• Master Member
Mk1 t35
« on: 23 May 2005 at 11:07 »
i am going thru the quandry of working out what machine a friend of mine has i have a mark 1 which if fairly easy to recognise but my friend has a frame that just has hpn for the frame number
the engine number is t35s but seems to be over struck from 6000 series
it has mk 3 mudgaurd on front tank color like normal mk3 sports high exhausts im wondering if it is a mk3 sports as it has the old cylinders and heads of a mk1
does anyone know about the hpn frame it is much beefier than my mk1 frame

also i have aquired a set of douglas heat sheilds for the exhaust they have douglas cut out of the chrome they look like what should be on a sports with the upturned exhausts but are only about half the size about 6 inches
T Pickett

New Topic Heat Shields HERE

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Mk1 t35
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2005 at 01:47 »
Trevor

The HPN likely indicated a factory replacement frame, there are quite a number of such listed in the LDMCC machine registry; with and without a serial number after the "HPN".  Other dating information about the postwar models can be found here:

https://www.douglasmotorcycles.net/aa-files/html/identify-part3/postwar4.6.htm

Mark 3 Sports would have a /S suffix in the frame and engine numbers.  If the frame is a replacement and the engine number altered then it will be impossible to say what it really was originally, as it is something quite all together different now!  

Never seen a heat shield with "Douglas" cut into it, always just vertical slots.  I wonder if it is not an aftermarket item?  

-Doug