Author Topic: Our 20th Anniversary  (Read 251 times)

Offline Dave

• Administrator
Our 20th Anniversary
« on: 13 Apr 2024 at 19:32 »
This weekend marks twenty years since our first member joined and advertised an early Douglas tank for sale. Since then members have posted another 37,654 messages!

Congratulations and thank you to every member who has participated in any way at all. By asking questions, posting answers, articles, photos, documents, every member's contribution enhances the Douglas experience for so many other readers. A special thank you to our Master and Senior Members who generously share their skills and knowledge with Douglas enthusiasts all over the world. Both current and future generations reading your material will greatly appreciate your contributions.

When the forum started back in 2004, we needed a central meeting place rather than relying on one-to-one emails. Now after twenty years of members coming together and sharing their competence and experience, we have made a good start on building a healthy body of Douglas expertise. The goal for the next twenty years is to really build on that good base, make material easier and faster to find and ensure that the Douglas legend lives on.

So whether it's questions, answers, photos, diagrams or cuttings. let's keep adding to that knowledge base for future generations.

Dave
Founder

A special thanks to the fellow that keeps inspiring me to make this site better. My dad Alex raced his Douglas in scramble type events around Melbourne (Aust) in the 1930's. His Douglas motorcycles were his most prized possession and he did all his own modifications and mechanical work in his garage. He would have loved participating in this forum. It is about time I posted a few photos of him.

« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2024 at 20:57 by Dave »

Offline Roys rider

Re: Our 20th Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2024 at 16:20 »
Credit where it is due. Thank you Dave for herding the cats i.e. keeping us in order!
Great photos.
Peter

Offline graeme

• Master Member
Re: Our 20th Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2024 at 09:18 »
Thanks so much for all your efforts Dave in keeping this wonderful forum going and in order. It is without doubt a huge benefit to all Douglas enthusiasts that all of this knowledge and experience is available to us in perpetuity.

Wonderful pictures of your dad too, thanks for putting them up here.

Cheers, Graeme