Author Topic: 1930s wheel hub details  (Read 179 times)

Offline saluki42

1930s wheel hub details
« on: 23 Aug 2022 at 09:21 »
Hi there I'm so far having no luck getting hold of either wheel hubs or brake units for my Model Z project bike. I have it on good authority that the hubs are common across a range of models from the 30s but still no luck. Does anybody out there have any dimensional details for these hubs as if so I may be able to get a pair manufactured to at least give the frame wheels allowing me to mount the completed engine and gear box and move on.
I'm hoping I get the sort of response I've had in the past for a number of rare components which has allowed me to get this far.

regards
Chris

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Re: 1930s wheel hub details
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2022 at 14:17 »
Chris,

There is a article HERE on an improved axles design that has dimensions of the 'standard' #9787 hub. The axles depicted are for the 500/600cc Aero models, but the same idea can be applied to Model Z with suitable changes to lengths, if you fancy the change to sealed ball bearings.

-Doug

Offline saluki42

Re: 1930s wheel hub details
« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2022 at 14:41 »
Thanks for that Doug as usual you are an immensely helpful mine of information and without your help my Z wouldn't be anywhere near the condition it is now.

Chris

motorcycle