Author Topic: T35 Information  (Read 423 times)

Offline DigDug

• Royston, UK
T35 Information
« on: 02 Jul 2021 at 11:59 »
Hi, I'm new to vintage and classic bike ownership and am looking for advise on a "restored" t35 1949 that I have just purchased. I apologies now if these topics have been covered before or if these are just obvious issues that I should be aware of.
Is it OK to run the bike on Unleaded or should I look at adding an additive to the fuel and if so any recommendations?
The front end seems really wobbly and the linkages have lots of play between the shaft and hub. I have an owners manual but is there any documentation regarding tolerances, fits and torque settings for nuts and bolts?
The front brake has no stopping capability and is worse than my push bike. Is this expected or should I replace the brake shoes?
I have joined the London Douglas London MCC and see that I can buy spares there but wondered if there are any other places to look for spares other than Ebay.
All advise and tips welcome for a very na´ve owner!
Kind Regards
Doug

Offline EW-Ron

Re: T35 Information
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jul 2021 at 04:15 »
The front brake has no stopping capability and is worse than my push bike. Is this expected or should I replace the brake shoes?

Do you really need an answer to this. !!

Some owners may have let their bike deteriorate to the point of being dangerous,
but that doesn't mean that you have to ...
Have fun !

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jul 2021 at 21:12 »
Doug,

Welcome to the Forum. If you haven't already seen it, you may find John Holmes Mark series Maintenance Guide useful. 

Internal search engine
To search for specific topics, choose the 'Search' option from the horizontal menu bar on the top left of the screen. Then enter your keywords eg 'T35 unleaded' (or just 'unleaded'), 'mark front brake' (no quote marks)
and so forth.

External search engine
Using an external search engine (eg Google) can sometimes yield a better set of results. Just enter '(your search keywords) site:douglasmotorcycles.net'. eg 'T35 unleaded site:douglasmotorcycles.net',  'mark front brake site:douglasmotorcycles.net' (no quote marks).

Adding an 'OR' statement will widen your results. So you could try a Google search ''T35 OR Mark unleaded site:douglasmotorcycles.net' (no quote marks).

You can also bookmark searches in your browser so it easy to repeat them again in the future.

Dave
« Last Edit: 03 Jul 2021 at 21:18 by Dave »

Offline tck

• old racer
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jul 2021 at 06:51 »
Send your brake shoes of to Saftek done in a week https://saftek.co.uk/
Forget torque settings I doubt there was a torque spanner in the factory the bikes were put together by fitters not assembly line workers
treat the original maintenance guide with caution the recommended guide is a good idea see the club mag for recommendations of others
most of the front wobbles are simple wear on bushes and components the design can be improved
 Do not ignore the search option on this forum it has saved me a lot of typing and saved a lot of knowledgeable people repeating themselves