Author Topic: Wheel hub to B 29  (Read 1312 times)

Offline veikko1

Wheel hub to B 29
« on: 11 Mar 2021 at 19:40 »
Hello
I "hunting" wheel hubs to B-29 model, complete, front and rear. It`s a samealso EW-model?
Regards Veikko

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Re: Wheel hub to B 29
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2021 at 23:28 »
Veikko,

The B29 was advertised as having detachable brake drums. So they would be the same as the 600EW but not the 350EW. They would have also been the same as the OC, T6/S5/S6 models, and A31.

-Doug

Offline veikko1

« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2021 at 14:53 »
Hello Doug

Many thanks your info. I have spare lists, where are only sparenumbers. This wheels are missing my project, and I think, that it`s near impossible find them from Finland.

Veikko

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2021 at 16:38 »
Veikko,

The detachable brake drum hub (pc/8690) was used on many modes, so at least that broadens the search possibilities. It was used right to the end of the 1938 Aero models. The axles however tended to vary in length and diameter to suit the different frame types. You are better off making new axles along the lines of this article here with the axles altered to suit your frame. This has the advantage of using modern sealed ball bearings; as the original taper roller bearing sizes used are getting very difficult to find and consequently expensive.

Likewise it will use the same pressed steel brake drum (11393) used on the 600EW and S6 and derivatives until superseded by the cast iron drum circa 1932. Even then, I suspect the light weight models carried on with the old drum into the mid-thirties. The rear drum might be more specific, since it will have the complication of sprocket size and offset, but any of the lightweights with a pressed steel drum might be a contender as a replacement.

Douglas liked to use the same parts over and over if they could!

-Doug

Offline veikko1

« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2021 at 19:42 »
Hello Doug

Many thanks again. I take copy your axle-info. I am waiting, if there are any hubs selling to me!

Regards Veikko