Author Topic: 1917 4HP Alive in Canada  (Read 2264 times)

Offline 47Dougie

• My 4HP
1917 4HP Alive in Canada
« on: 05 Dec 2020 at 00:00 »
 My Beautiful 1917 with original Douglas Sidecar.  Does anyone recognize the Registration number from when it lived in the UK?  It belonged to a fellow named Pat G. in Cornwall I believe.

Cheers,
John

[Attachments converted to linked images. 25Nov21 -Doug]
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2021 at 02:15 by Doug »

Offline richard s1

Re: 1917 4HP Alive in Canada
« Reply #1 on: 09 Feb 2021 at 16:01 »
Pat Gormley ?

Offline patjan

« Reply #2 on: 09 Feb 2021 at 18:30 »
Yay, that's my old bike indeedy!  I sold it I think in around 2006 or '07, but prior to that I clocked-up quite a considerable mileage. I re-built the motor a couple of times, mainly for routine re-shimming of the big-end shells amongst other things, but towards the end of my stewardship I started having problems with the CAV mag. It was a very reliable bike, and I even used to ride it to work. It's service history allegedly saw service with the RNAS, and I have to say I wished I hadn't parted with it now. Anyway, I'm very pleased it still looks as good as ever.

Pat Gormley (Cornwall Section LDMCC)

Offline 47Dougie

• My 4HP
« Reply #3 on: 09 Feb 2021 at 20:14 »
Hello Pat,
I bought the bike from a fellow in Ontario last summer.  I am working very hard to resurrect the fuel tank but everything else seems in pretty good shape.  I have a bunch of spares that came with the bike as well as an EIC Mag.  Anything else you can tell me about the bike and your experiences with the bike, pictures or otherwise you may have would be very very appreciated.  Do you have an email I could contact you at?  mine is   <REMOVED>
I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
John

[Email address removed from post.  10Fab21 Doug, Admin]
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2021 at 13:54 by Doug »

Offline patjan

« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2021 at 07:23 »
Hi John,
Well, lots of tales to tell I expect . . . . . . . .  And probably a few photos'. Our email address is  -  <REMOVED>

Pat

[Email address removed from post.  10Fab21 Doug, Admin]
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2021 at 13:54 by Doug »

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2021 at 23:45 »
John and Pat,

Doug removed your email addresses to protect them from spam email harvesters. These harvesters roam the WWW collecting email addresses and then sell them to spammers. Next thing is your email inbox gets bombarded with junk mail.
The best way to contact other members is by using those little icons you see in the left hand column underneath your name.

The envelope symbol in the middle is the email link. Click on it and you will be able to see their email address and/or send them an email.
The one on the right is to send a Personal Message (PM). This is like a private internal mail system for forum members only.
Either method allows you to contact other members without revealing your details to the whole world.

Dave
Admin