Author Topic: Dragonfly of despair Earles forks bushings  (Read 2058 times)

Offline AndyMorgan

Dragonfly of despair Earles forks bushings
« on: 19 Jun 2020 at 10:18 »
Now that the engine is running sweet next job is to strip the frame down for painting

Can anyone please help identify the part and where to get i need to replace the "silent block" bushings part number 34417, the pin (SA1001) was stuck fast and the bushing came apart during the removal process.

Thanks

Andy

Offline Roys rider

Dragonfly of despair Earles forks bushings
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2020 at 07:10 »
Hi Andy
I didn't see your post until last night. I bought new bushes not long ago and have attached the catalogues. Robush were very helpful.
It looks like I ordered by phone as there is nothing on  the computer which means I must go through the paperwork to find their part number. Sorry but that is a job for later.
Cheers
Peter
Attachments are too big so will send as 2 replies. I can't do that either will see if the other file is smaller

Offline Roys rider

Re: Dragonfly of despair Earles forks bushings
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2020 at 07:47 »
Found it see attached.

Offline AndyMorgan

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul 2020 at 10:19 »
Roy / Peter
Many thanks indeed. I had been in correspondence with Robush but didn't know what to order, I had assumed that I would need to use a different bush and make a spacer to suit, The bush I had in mind was RB3871 which is 12.70mmID, 27.00mmOD and 66.00mmIL, 44.5mmOL These dimensions match the bits of bushings I retrieved from the old fork. Fortunately the ones I had in mind were out of stock and I am awaiting their re-stocking. instead I will change the request to the RB3719 which you recommend. By any chance, did you record the dimensions of the spacer.

Thanks again

Andy

Offline Roys rider

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2020 at 07:32 »
Oops, sorry I didn't think to measure the spacer. The bush outer fits flush with the ends of the fork however the spacer forces the inner outwards so that it just fits in between the swinging arm. It isn't much just enough to stop them touching. A couple of mils each side, I will try to measure it later.
Peter

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2020 at 09:32 »
Andy,
          Robush don't seem to advertise the tolerances on the length of the sleeves in their bushes - it may pay you to wait until you have the bushes, and then make the spacer to suit your bike (so that the combined length of the 2 bushes and the spacer match exactly the width between the swinging arm side plates). If you are making a tubular spacer, fit it with a couple of 'washers' that are an easy fit in the fork cross tube (there's nothing more annoying than a spacer that insists on dropping out of line when you are trying to fit the pivot bolt). (Originally, the Dragonflies had bushes with extended inner sleeves that butted up together - so there was no need for a spacer).

Regards,
               Eddie.

Offline AndyMorgan

« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2020 at 15:29 »
Parts RB3719 ordered. However, Roebush needed to order minimum stock of 20 from the manufacturers so if anyone needs a pair they should shortly have them in stock.

Offline Roys rider

« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2020 at 21:21 »
I squeezed them in with a long metric threaded rod. B&Q sell it. Keeps the spacer in place if Eddie's washers fail (wish I had thought of that).
Actually I have just looked at a photo and I sleeved the spacer with a rubber tube to keep it in place. Good luck.
Peter

Offline AndyMorgan

« Reply #8 on: 24 Nov 2020 at 17:00 »
Fork bushings spacer, I made a short step on the inner diameter of the spacer to fit the bushings, all seems to be in order and the forks assembled OK. Thanks for all your help

[Attachments converted to linked images. 25Nov21 -Doug, Admin]
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2021 at 03:13 by Doug »