Author Topic: Amac Float  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Rob

Amac Float
« on: 01 Sep 2020 at 02:34 »
I have a 15 MDX carburettor (top feed) where the tickler doesn't reach the float to move it.

Could someone please let me know the correct float and needle dimensions for the 15 MDX. The float and needle if have fits well but something is not right. Also the tickler is of a good length.

The needle I have is 32. 6 mm long, with 22.2 mm above the float when seated. The float is approximately 41.5 mm dia and 38.3 mm tall.

Rob

[Image aspect ratio fixed. 01Sep20. -Doug, Site Moderator]
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2020 at 15:33 by Doug »

Offline cardan

• Master Member
    • Leon's Vintage Motorcycle Page
Re: Amac Float
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2020 at 04:07 »
Hi Rob,

One look at your photo and I thought "That's the wrong float" - but just the on-going mobile phone photo distortion problem.

Your float is the correct dimensions - used in both top and bottom feed. And the shut-off needle looks OK. SO perhaps it's just a case of extending the tickler a little? A plastic cap on the end would work.

Leon

Offline Rob

« Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2020 at 04:31 »
Thanks Leon,

I think that would be a good simple solution. Seeing that the tickler looks correct and quite long I just thought the needle was wrong.

Rob

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 01 Sep 2020 at 15:34 »
One look at your photo and I thought "That's the wrong float" - but just the on-going mobile phone photo distortion problem.

Images updated.  -Doug