Author Topic: Foot pegs  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Tazmantic

Foot pegs
« on: 18 Aug 2020 at 18:26 »
Hi all what's the best way to stop foot pegs moving? the splines are worn and I have no way of re cutting them so wondered if there was another method used.

Thanks

Offline tck

• old racer
Re: Foot pegs
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2020 at 16:14 »
An old dodge on kickstarts when the spline went, was a hardened pin driven into a hole drilled half in the kickstart body and half in the spindle (ie down the crack) about a 1/4"  diameter last time i used an old drill shank
If you dont have access to the end of the two items then its a cross drill im afraid

Offline EW-Ron

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2020 at 21:07 »
What does this spline look like ?

On a different brand of motorcycle with quite a coarse variety of spline for the pegs,
I've used a hacksaw and a 3 cornered file to recut the splines deeper, so they engage quite solidly.
Some skilled work with an angle grinder could probably do the same thing, but the potential for
ruin is only a slipup away !!

Offline Tazmantic

« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:33 »
Cheers guys I did think about the pin idea or a ball bearing or something similar but then coarse they are no longer adjustable but then again how often does one adjust them... Hopefully the link below will direct to the said items in a different post.

https://www.douglasmotorcycles.net/index.php?topic=6434.50

Offline Dads bike

« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2020 at 14:09 »
Hi Tazmantic
I am new to the forum but have followed it as a guest for some time. Not sure that this is the way to approach you, however
I am currently sorting out some of my parts and after reading your posts I may have some parts that are of interest to you.
I have For an Aero 250/350 The outer part of the fly wheel clutch, two holes that has been subject to factory repair at some point in its life. Will need re chrome and paint
A three speed gearbox input sprocket 41t complete with two key taper drive and complete Cush drive. The sprocket has little wear and is more than usable.
Finally a foot rest arm with good splines.
Let me know if you have any interest.
Steve

Offline Tazmantic

« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2020 at 21:00 »
Hi Steve, thanks for the thought but by the time I see the post it was all sold  :(

Offline Dads bike

« Reply #6 on: 01 Sep 2020 at 08:42 »
The flywheel outer case is still available if you need it?

Steve