Author Topic: New Head Races for EW350  (Read 574 times)

Offline SteveTea

New Head Races for EW350
« on: 13 Aug 2020 at 14:34 »
I recently put a post in the ‘parts wanted’ section of this forum to request steering head races for a 1926 EW350.  Judging by the lack of response it would seem these are either not something that needs to be replaced too often or are just not available.  So, I have approached my local engineer/machinist and he would be able to make some up but at some cost.  However, if there was sufficient interest from others wanting head races I would be able to get more made at a more reasonable cost in the region of £60 a pair.  I have used this engineer for other parts and he is VERY good at what he does.

The basic dimensions for the bearing are:
    Outside Diameter - 1.902"
    Inside Diameter - 1.395"
    Height - 0.197"

The attached pictures show the race that I still have on which the new races would be based.

So, just to gauge interest before I go back to my engineer, could you let me know if you are interested in buying a pair of races.  There would be no obligation to purchase at this stage.  I should add that I'm based in UK and that postage would be at cost.

Regards,  Steve

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Re: New Head Races for EW350
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2020 at 15:29 »
Steve,

The London Douglas Motor Cycle Club have carried these in their Spare department in the past, but trading is shut down at the moment.

-Doug

Offline Raycycled

« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2020 at 21:00 »
Hi Steve I’d be interested I’m in Sydney. Aust. I would make a suggestion you put this post on the general discussion page as I’m sure these races fit quiet a few models and you’d get more interest. Are you just getting the outer races made or the full set. Ray

Offline carl denton

« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2020 at 12:59 »
hi steve
i would be interested in getting a few sets from you i am in Bunbury western Australia

from carl.

motorcycle