Author Topic: Dragonfly of despair Spoke angle  (Read 186 times)

Offline AndyMorgan

Dragonfly of despair Spoke angle
« on: 30 Jun 2020 at 14:42 »
I notice there are different part numbers listed for rear inner and outer laced (long) spokes  27022 and 37946) and front both long and short (27113, 27114 inner and 37944, 37945 outer) However, I can detect no difference in angle for the spokes I have removed. The hubs are British hub and brake co Both front and rear spoke lengths also appear to be the same. Can anyone offer advice ?

Thanks
Andy

Offline cbranni

Re: Dragonfly of despair Spoke angle
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2020 at 19:16 »
Hi Andy,

When I rebuild a wheel I send a sample of the spokes with the part number, I did this when I rebuilt the Dragonfly wheel sending the samples to Central Wheel, when the rims and spokes arrived I had one set front (long and short) and one set rear (long and short).

I can't swear to it but I think the sets were the same front and rear, but anyway everything went together well, and on the plus side when I send spoke samples the length of the spoke is never too long saves that awful grinding.

Kind regards Colin

Offline AndyMorgan

Re: Dragonfly of despair Spoke angle
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2020 at 10:24 »
Colin
Many thanks I have obtained the spokes from Central Wheel and just waiting for the paint job on the rims before rebuilding the wheel. I must say yours look absolutely perfect and I hope I can get mine to the same standard.

Cheers

Andy

motorcycle