Author Topic: MkV saddle springs and front bracket  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Pallijen15

MkV saddle springs and front bracket
« on: 09 Jun 2020 at 10:28 »
Hi, can anybody give me the dimensions/photos of their saddle springs and front mounting bracket? I know the springs on at present are incorrect. Either they should be softer or shorter. Seat too high at the back. Thanks, Paul J

Offline tck

• old racer
Re: MkV saddle springs and front bracket
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2020 at 06:32 »
I have been attempting to find some as well Two points: to be correct saddle springs should be in pairs LH and RH 'twists' and something a bit more obvious its the loaded position that matters.
Often  springs are anchored on adjustable bolts they are on my Triumph Trophy and KSS Velo in that case simply by the sequence  bolt head in spring, end of spring,nut tight, the thread as required, then two nuts each side of frame bracket and plate 31 shows something like that except spacers are shown rather than the 'middle' nuts which is a bit neater however on most of the works photos of single seat Douglas I note the springs look exactly correct and finding out that length  is the puzzle as it may vary with model.

Offline Pallijen15

Re: MkV saddle springs and front bracket
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2020 at 09:31 »
Thanks for that info. Now I'll take a closer look at my Matchless saddle springs. Could be the reason why it goes to one side slightly. The springs on my Douglas, bottom fixing points, the end of the coil spring comes down vertically and attaches to an elbow bracket from the frame mounts. The spacers you mentioned also help to keep the spring from being in contact with the frame. These are showing in my spares lists. Paul J