Author Topic: ebay t120 1  (Read 3756 times)

Offline flea

ebay t120 1
« on: 14 May 2020 at 04:47 »
does anyone know a bloke that sells m/c bits (mainly trump 120) on ebay uk ,his seller name is t120 1 , he has some douglas t35 generator and bike bits up for sale ...says willing to sell to o/seas with a big listing of counties but not aust .. most probably a typo , tried contacting but just comes up against a ebay brick wall on any of his adds .. if anyone knows him could you ask him to message me or change his listing ,, if for some reason he doesnt want to sell to aust .. well thats cool, there his parts

Offline isettaman

Re: ebay t120 1
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2020 at 10:45 »
Hi Flea

The sellers id is actually  t120_1
If you search item number 124176177568 it will take you to his listing then you should be able to click on the "contact seller" bit.
Looking at the countries he sells to, they are all mainland Europe, I think.

Dave

Offline flea

« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2020 at 16:08 »
thanks . tried contact seller but ebay wont let me ,i think its because not on list of approved buyer countries , tried on other one of his listings (finally found one) and now managed to send a request to change  them ..  just have to see what happens now

Offline Vitesse

« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2020 at 21:54 »
I've sent him a message asking if he will post to Oz and if so to add it to the list of acceptable countries.  See what transpires.

Offline flea

« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2020 at 02:00 »
thanks vitesse

Offline Vitesse

« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2020 at 12:06 »
Not much help but I got this reply:

Hello,I have listed it worldwide with no country restrictions through the global shipping programme, must be a glitch with ebay.

If you contact ebay they may be able to help.

Best regards,

Ian.

Anything else I can do?

Stephen

Offline flea

« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2020 at 13:53 »
thanks stephen got a reply off him saying the same as finally found a different item that would let me contact him . nothing i can do at this end so its up to him to contact ebay now if he wants to sell .. but definitly something wrong as tried again looking at his items and a lot missing from earlier and multi adds for the same chain saw cover .. must be about 30 listings of the same cover .. lol .. the virus must have struck ebay , hope works out as iv the 1945 t35 as well as doing up the gennie so definitly would come in handy if only for spares anyway thanks again for your help

Offline EW-Ron

« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2020 at 21:22 »
Ebay may know something that most punters don't - there is currently about no mail service for packages between the UK and Oz ?

With the suspension of international air travel, there are no airline passenger services to carry the mail.  They used to carry it as freight,
but that arrangement is obviously currently kaput.  Freight flights are also curtailed ?
They may have arranged for a ship, anyone know ?

With the virus situation the way it is in many parts of the world, this may not change anytime soon either.
I have a package sitting in India, and the supplier is not even allowed out to deliver it to the post office, even if there
were any airline or freight services to take it onwards.

Offline Vitesse

« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2020 at 22:22 »
Is there anything you want me (or anyone you know better, ie - at all!) to take a punt on then hold till things calm down?

Offline flea

« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2020 at 01:12 »
damm never even thought of the shipping prob , just assumed air freight would still go ahead just take a bit longer .. ie just not on airliners , have been getting parcels from china through out the virus , just taking a bit longer , he managed to tack them on another item as ebay wouldnt let him change the shipping .. ie the one managed to contact him through ... and now have paid for them .. wow $$$$s especially with the exchange rate but where am i going to find any more .. wish i had read this posting before buying though .. just going to have to sit tight and wait for them to arrive now .. thanks steve and everyone for your help and if anyone comes across any generator bits would like to hear about them .. thanks again jeff

Offline flea

« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2020 at 22:32 »
 :cry: :cry: :cry: yep very depressing as being in england the shipping costs would be through the roof as well but at the same time not a major drama as a lot of what im looking for isnt there .. mainly after all the stuff that goes on top of the army generator cradle / frame .. ie.. the generator and 12v magnito and fuel tanks etc but wouldnt knock anything else back at the right price .. a complete and running generator motor ( only) is for sale in aust on ebay for au $1000 at the moment .. o well not in a great rush and should be able to bodgy something up to look the part but would prefer the real deal

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
too many dougli not enough time!

Offline flea

« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2020 at 08:38 »
LOL LOL cant belive it first time in ages havent looked up douglas on the computor / ebay and look what turns up .. thanks have sent my ph num .. would like the lot but wa would cost a fortune in shipping so looking at cherry picking through it .. now have to ring some kind / friendly / generous / etc etc relatives who live in perth to see if maybe they could do a pick up ... again thank you... thank you ...thank you

Offline flea

« Reply #14 on: 23 May 2020 at 00:24 »
the saga continues got a mg from global shipping saying item received but was undelivrable  , so scratched the head and decided to wait and see what happens as nothing else said .. just now got two emails 1 from ebay saying the item would not be sent on or returned to seller as had been declared restriced due to either inport/exsport restrictions or global shipping eligibility requirements and a refund would be sent to me ..... then another on from paypal saying my dispute had been settled and the money refunded ... what dispute i never started one ??? .. also what restrictions  on a old carb and valves ???? .. cant see the seller being very happy if out of pocket and doesnt even get the carb back  ... good news is got some generator bits here in aust which should be on there way mon ...  BUT .. REALLY WANTED / NEEDED THAT CARB ... strange times we are living in

Offline EW-Ron

« Reply #15 on: 23 May 2020 at 05:24 »
Email the seller and see what his take on it is.
If only to let him know you weren't involved.

If there was any even faint sniff of petrol involved, that could be it ?
I flew somewhere with a petrol tank as baggage, and let them
know it hadn't had petrol in it for 40+ years.
Or it/we could have been offloaded goodness knows where.....

Offline flea

« Reply #16 on: 23 May 2020 at 22:20 »
from the photos , old and crusty , wouldnt have seen a sniff of fuel in 20-50 yrs from the look , going to wait a few days before get in touch with the seller as hes most prob not very happy and doing some checking up on things at the moment . as seller more likely to get answers than i am .. trouble is a bloke in england i v talked to as some generator valves /springs and collets for the 1947 / and generator he wants to sell (privitly) but now not sure with this postage glitch , just have to wait and see .. hopefully some of our british members might have a idea of whats going on and if this is a widespread virus thing in england

Offline Vitesse

« Reply #17 on: 24 May 2020 at 09:52 »
Postage is a bit slow in UK at the moment but nothing outrageous nor any special changes.

Offline flea

« Reply #18 on: 24 May 2020 at 11:29 »
might be something to do with o/seas postage , will be intresting to see what the seller has to say in a few days when i make contact .. surprised he hasnt been in touch

Offline flea

« Reply #19 on: 09 Jun 2020 at 00:17 »
update .. msg him but no reply now comes the strange part , had asked on another forum about some other t35 parts for sale . took a while but finally got a answer but was after trying to buy the carb on e bay, it was asking if still intrested in buying the other parts on that forum ,i said wanted to wait a while as was having probs with postage out of uk without going into details , looked this morn on ebay and on t120 site theres the parts had be asking about on the other forum , even same photo .. so must be the same bloke .. strange ... but have lucked out after following a tip from a member here have got quite a few parts for the generator out of western aust ...so thanks darren was a major help