Author Topic: EIC A2 Pickups  (Read 1268 times)

Offline jasper1912

EIC A2 Pickups
« on: 18 Apr 2020 at 04:44 »
I am progressing with my CW restoration but like always I keep hitting the odd snag. I have an EIC magneto which is missing one pickup/brush and the other has a small piece missing but probably could be used at a pinch. I have seen an earlier post which referred to someone making repro pickups but cant seem to find any more info. Is there such an option? How is the end of the HT lead fixed into the pickup? I have a piece of HT wire stuck in the housing. Jeff

Offline Keith

Re: EIC A2 Pickups
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2020 at 05:16 »
Hi Jeff,

I went through the same process a few months ago on my CW. It also has an EIC maggy but the pickups were slightly different from yours. Anyway I managed to get a new set of repro ones from Zocky's Magnetos. He has moved recently from Sydney to around Taree, so at least he's in your part of the world. If you do get a new set I would suggest getting new brushes and springs to match them as there can be minute size differences between pickups. This is Zocky's website:

http://www.zochys-magnetos.com

To get to the lead fixing you have to remove (carefully) the pickup brush and spring. If you then look down the hole you will see a set screw. Undo that and it usually has a point on it to pierce the cable and lock it in place.

Cheers, Keith...

Offline jasper1912

Re: EIC A2 Pickups
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2020 at 05:40 »
Thanks Keith - Chris Zoch overhauled my veteran Fiat magneto some time ago - will give him a call. I'll let you know.

BTW - purchased one of the repro rear sprockets and lockrings from Buyold - looks great.