Author Topic: t6  (Read 1413 times)

Offline derek morgan

t6
« on: 22 Feb 2020 at 14:38 »
good afternoon all,would be very grateful for advice on my t6. am looking to taking inspection covers off heads to look at valves etc could anyone advise on how to separate, have tried very gently with wedge but they may have never been off before, and it looks as if I may have to take kick start off to remove a bolt, is this straightforward, many thanks derek morgan

Offline EW-Ron

Re: t6
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2020 at 20:50 »
Bumping things gently from several directions with a rubber mallet is likely less damaging than that 'wedge",
but note I don't know the T6 - there is only the one retaining bolt ?

Old type gasket material, can't recall the names is somehat like a very strong glue in some cases,
so it might take quite a bump or 6...

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2020 at 04:02 »
Derek,

Or try kicking it over on compression. Leave a few bolts in so the cylinder head does not go flying.

I cannot figure out why the kick starter would be in the way of removing the cylinder head bolts.

Or are you talking about the tappet chest covers? Still, do not see how the kick starter comes into play.

-Doug

Offline derek morgan

« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2020 at 09:50 »
many thanks ron and doug for your time,have taken the tappet covers off and all seems fine there. there are about 6 bolts holding cylinder heads of which 5 come out ok but one of the bottom ones will not come out as they are quite long and kick start is in way,this is the back cylinder have not tried the front one yet.all the best derek