Author Topic: Stolen bikes  (Read 1742 times)

Offline DJS

Stolen bikes
« on: 30 Jan 2020 at 09:34 »
I am sorry to report that a 1911 Douglas and a 1912 Scott have been stolen from the house of an elderly gentleman in Cornwall.

Information is currently limited but we know that the Douglas registration is FN15 and the Scott is AF 2444. Frame and engine numbers are not yet known.
Of note is that the Douglas has a very good hand made petrol tank fabricated from copper sheet.

The thieves apparently also took the registration documents.

If anyone thinks they may have any info on these bikes please let me know. When I receive police contact details or any other info I will post again.

Offline graeme

• Master Member
Re: Stolen bikes
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2020 at 09:36 »
Wow, you would think they would be almost impossible to sell on. I hope they get recovered soon

Offline Dawn

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2020 at 10:34 »
It may be worth dropping a line to Classic Bike people also so they can share far and wide.
Also contact DVLA, they may be able to void a log book so if someone tries to register in their name it can be traced.

Offline Dewey

« Reply #3 on: 03 Feb 2020 at 02:03 »
Sadly, theses scum will probably rip these bikes to pieces and sell them on ebay. Anything that can identify them will be altered or destroyed. Most humans are treasures and some others should be flushed down the toilet.

Offline carl denton

« Reply #4 on: 03 Feb 2020 at 07:45 »
sorry to say you are so wright they are all going to be in bits by now ,,, all you can do is keep your eyes open for parts on eBay or old bike mart .