Author Topic: EW valve guides  (Read 238 times)

Offline tck

• old racer
EW valve guides
« on: 30 Dec 2019 at 08:47 »
HI
The valve guides on my wife's 1926  EW are well worn I would like to know if anyone in UK has experience and could do the job
My second choice is to do it myself assuming guides and valves are available are there any problems in renewing the guides? the few guides I did before werein  alloy heads I dont think I have ever tried guides in cast iron cylinders  before, and of course I also need to know the seat regrind angles and if stones are available. Not a job I relish my workshop list is full to the brim.

Offline hartleys1

Re: EW valve guides
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2019 at 09:27 »
Hi
I Purchased 350ccEW guides and valves from the LDMC many years ago they aso have the springs. When I tried to fit the old collets earlier this year
I had a problem in that the old collets would not fit the new valves so I suggest you get collets with the valves, ( I made new colletts. The collets are parrallel
not taperd.)
I had the heads done along with a crank rebuild by S.E.P Service Exchange Parts at Kegworth Alfa Bearings my also
do the job, lots of other firms advertise in the Old Bike Mart. I'm assuming your in the UK.
Hope this helps.
Keith

motorcycle