Author Topic: t6 problem  (Read 506 times)

Offline derek morgan

t6 problem
« on: 01 Aug 2019 at 16:13 »
hello all, would be very grateful if any fellow members could give me advice for my t6. at weekend I rode her a few miles to a mates and then 4 or 5 miles to a show where it was parked for a couple of hours, when I left show after a few minutes had hardly any revs and tried to nurse her home but after a couple of miles it wouldn't even pull in first gear, so in the back of a van. have checked psi on front cylinder is 60 with the plug being white, and back cylinder 90, would be great to know what my first course of action needs to be, many thanks Derek ps have to use library computer so may be a few days before I can thank any replys

Offline eddie

• Master Member
Re: t6 problem
« Reply #1 on: 01 Aug 2019 at 18:20 »
Hello Derek,
                   It sounds as if you have a fuel problem. Start by checking the petrol tank breather is clear - then make sure there is a good flow of petrol to the carburettor. Finally, check out the float chamber - on the S6 & T6 the fuel feed to the main jet is half way up the side of the float chamber, so any debris that gets into the chamber will just build up until it blocks the drilling or hinders the movement of the float. Also, make sure the top feed of the float chamber is clear - it only takes a small piece of dirt to partially block the feed hole.

Hope this helps,
                             Regards,
                                            Eddie.

Offline derek morgan

« Reply #2 on: 02 Aug 2019 at 15:16 »
many thanks for reply eddie, will go through your recommends in the morning, do you happen to know if the psi readings on the plug holes are ok or will that have to be looked at in the future ie valves etc regards derek

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 02 Aug 2019 at 17:56 »
Hello Derek,
                    Obviously, if the readings on the 2 cylinders vary considerably, other factors will need checking, but the fact you suddenly lost power indicates that there is probably a problem with either the fuel or the ignition. Fuel problems are usually the easier (and cheaper) to rectify- and more likely to cause a sudden change in power output - so check that out first.

Regards,
                  Eddie.