Author Topic: Tyre  (Read 867 times)

Offline Alan

Tyre
« on: 28 Mar 2019 at 03:10 »
My CW   26x 2 1/2 front tyre developing some worrying small splits. So as safety first, need a replacement.
Some online prices a bit eye watering so details of a reasonable supplier appreciated. Thank you.

Offline RockDr.

Re: Tyre
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2019 at 11:32 »
Hi Alan, give the VMCCNSW a call. They also have a website. They should be able to help you out

Offline bear640

« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2019 at 02:47 »

Offline Hutch

« Reply #3 on: 02 Apr 2019 at 01:13 »
Alan,
Yes the prices of BE tyres do seem to be a bit eye watering - especially when you look at the prices from what appears to be the manufacturer of Ensign tyres (take a close look at the pictures) in China - of course you have to buy quite a few to get this price tho'!

https://flametire.en.made-in-china.com/product/IvXQJmgHVLpk/China-28X3-Beaded-Edge-Tyres-for-Veteran-and-Vintage-Motorcycle.html

I found this a while back when I was trying to find out where the 26 x 2 1/2" Ensign BE  tyres I bought were actually made (as it was not obviously marked on them........)

-Ian

Offline Alan

Re: Tyres and brakes
« Reply #4 on: 05 Apr 2019 at 05:40 »
Gentlemen...many thanks and 2 tyres obtained from the VMCCNSW at a very reasonable price.
Re the CW brake block I needed, my local Menís Shed were extremely helpful and made a master jig.
They couldnít find any poplar but thanks  to their enthusiasm, i now have blocks in Honduras mahogany, brush box, black butt and King Billy pine !!!!! Any suggestions as to which one to use appreciated.