Author Topic: suspension t35  (Read 2387 times)

Offline flea

suspension t35
« on: 25 Jan 2019 at 22:46 »
getting ready to pull down front forks and t /bar rear suspension for repainting etc , does anyone know where I can find a full breake down of their components (drawings etc) would like to see a good blueprint before taking things apart , plus also the t/bar shaft is cracked and will need welding , was told someone saw copies on the internet but cant find them ,it is for a 1949 t35 frame , also will be respoking the wheels and need a source for the spokes , im in oz .. thanks

Offline Neville Heath

Re: suspension t35
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2019 at 09:26 »
My next Spannerama (number 43 Front forks and rear suspension) in N.C.R. should help you.
I would not trust a welded t/bar.
Neville Heath

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2019 at 09:40 »
Even if welding a torsion bar did prove successful, you would need another similarly treated bar to make a pair, as the repairs would alter the spring characteristics of the bars.

Eddie.

Offline flea

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2019 at 20:33 »
that is not good news , the t bar is not broken just cracked approx. 1/4 of its dia or less . would be a tig weld … still no good?

Offline flea

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2019 at 23:10 »
My next Spannerama (number 43 Front forks and rear suspension) in N.C.R. should help you.
I would not trust a welded t/bar.
Neville Heath
thanks neville

Offline flea

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2019 at 22:41 »
having just had a talk with a engineer ,(never had anything to do with t/bars of any type) found out you blokes were right , welding wont work , so looks like on the hunt for a new t/bar or get one made up … just want to say thanks for the help