Author Topic: EW Girder Fork Springs AND Steering Stem Handlebar Bracket - Wanted  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Sabotage Motorcycles

• Sabotage Motorcycles
I have a 1926 EW 350 frame, along with matching girder forks (although might not be the exact forks for that frame). Does anyone know where to get new/replica springs for them?

Additional question, sort of unrelated to the one above, and this a newbie question - are measurements for Douglas imperial or metric, or something else? My forks aren't metric, so I guess I've answered that question myself.

And ALSO...! Looking to find a steering stem bracket, as circled in picture. Probably a long shot to find one of those though.
1926 Douglas EW

Offline Doug

• Administrator
All dimensions (excluding ball bearings, Bosch magnetos, spark plug threads, etc.) are imperial. Hail Britannia!

Douglas did however use an array of thread standards. You will find BSW, BSF, BSC/CEI, BA, and a lot of Douglas' own proprietary threads. Not only can these proprietary threads have non-standard pitch, they also used some non-standard diameters, like 17/64-25.

The handlebar/head stem bracket was used on other models, so not impossible to find. just beware on some models the handlebars were ahead of the stem and some behind. I have also made them from scratch, as they are not that complicated.

-Doug

[fix typos.  01Jul18. Doug]
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2018 at 16:46 by Doug »

Offline Sabotage Motorcycles

• Sabotage Motorcycles
Great, thanks Doug!
1926 Douglas EW