Author Topic: MK5 Near the finish line  (Read 2948 times)

Offline digcot65

MK5 Near the finish line
« on: 18 Apr 2018 at 11:32 »
Just about finished the bike, mainly correcting the usual problems found, when a bike or car has stood  for some time.I`m waiting for some steel to come, so I can modify the new side stand I bought, then it`s finished.I hope to sell it on, as I hopefully have another bike in line to restore and my main interest is my car.Len

Offline Rex

Re: MK5 Near the finish line
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2018 at 11:57 »
Did you buy the Duggie at auction recently? The car looks nice, what is it?

Offline digcot65

« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2018 at 12:06 »
Hello, no someone offered it to me after they heard a sale I was going through didn`t go ahead.The car is a 1933 Armstrong Siddeley in show condition.It was also in the film Hope and Glory and was Ian Banner`s car in the film. Click for more photos https://www.photobox.co.uk/album/5234739159

PS I recently went to the H&H auction at the motorcycle museum, I did bid on a Douglas, but I set my limit and that was that.The Douglas I bid on had also been standing for 10years, and it still sold for 4837 so this is why I set my limit a bit low. Len
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2018 at 12:27 by digcot65 »

Offline Rex

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2018 at 07:46 »
Very nice! Love the Art Deco dashboard clocks. Did you restore it?

Offline digcot65

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2018 at 09:00 »
Hello, I thought you meant the bike for a minute.I bought the car from the owner of a really high- quality classic car restoration company, he had owned it for the last 13 years carrying out weddings with it.However, with the restoration company getting so busy he hardly used the car and I managed to buy it from him.It had been fully restored bare metal respray, re-chomed inc. radiator, new upholstery and headlining, new brakes and the engine has been rebuilt and isn`t yet fully run in.Len

motorcycle