Author Topic: london douglas motorcycle club  (Read 9724 times)

Offline trevorp

• Master Member
london douglas motorcycle club
« on: 27 Jun 2005 at 10:03 »
has anyone had trouble contacting the london club i have tried to join several times but never get a response
im worried it may be my firewall or anti spamming software may be stopping it

Offline alwyn

• 1928 - 2009
  • Co-Founder
  • Location: Late of Encounter Bay, South Coast, South Australia
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2005 at 11:28 »
Trevor,
I initially joined the club by registering on their web-site but that was several years ago - I've had no problems in contacting them since - I'm surprised if that's what you have tried that you have not made contact with them - I suggest you go to the 'Join the Club' form at http://www.douglasmotorcycles.co.uk/jointheclub.html and complete your details there. If you have tried this already and have had no response then I suggest you send an e-mail to Membership Secretary: Reg Holmes
48 Standish Avenue, Stoke Lodge, Patchway, Bristol' BS34 6AG at <<  
info@douglasmotorcycles.co.uk >> and request an information package directly from him.
Alwyn
Site Mod.
Quotable Quote - "640 k should be enough for anybody"! - Bill Gates - 1981.

Offline trevorp

• Master Member
ldmc
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2005 at 13:54 »
have done both several times may be my computer i think ill write a letter and try that way

Offline alwyn

• 1928 - 2009
  • Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2005 at 14:27 »
Trevor,
Seems strange - what happens when you send an e-mail to them? - does it bounce or appear to be a successful send? - if the latter how long are you giving them to respond? - it is a club and you may have to wait a week or so for attention, they may be slow to respond to the web-form - if you suspect your computer I suggest you send an e-mail to Holmes from your ISP's Web-mail facility or from someone else's PC (with a cc to your own address in either case, so you will have it on file) - that should prove if the fault lies at your PC or not.
Alwyn

Offline Ian

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2005 at 22:05 »
I would expect if it was the last week or so you tried that none of them would have been round - was the annual Douglas Gymkahna weekend !!

Offline KiwiJohn

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2005 at 02:09 »
I expect Ian is right.  I have been a member for a few years and they have always responded quickly to my correspondence.

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2005 at 02:55 »
Trevor,

Post a letter directly to Reg, he is pretty quick to respond.  I do not think Reg is on internet/email himself, so has to wait on website queries to be handed on to him.  The club website was down for a few monthes a few years back and no one seemed to notice!  

-Doug

Offline trevorp

• Master Member
ldmc
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jun 2005 at 05:07 »
thanks i will write and they may have been flat out with the event would take a lot of work i think

Offline trevorp

• Master Member
ldmc
« Reply #8 on: 04 Aug 2005 at 11:49 »
does anyone have a different address or a phone number for the club i think there website is down as i posted letter air mail 2 weeks ago and still no response have sent several emails from different computers but havent heard a word
even filled out form for register

Offline alwyn

• 1928 - 2009
  • Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: 04 Aug 2005 at 13:04 »
Trevor,
It is now more than 5 weeks since you raised your first question about contact with the LDMCC - presumably it is longer since you first began trying - this is extraordinary and I suspect you are doing something wrong - they have been taking on new members from the UK and all over the world including Australia at the rate of 7 or 8 each month for practically all of this year so someone is doing their job properly there! I suggest you try again with the online application HERE ensuring that your details are filled in correctly especially your e-mail address. They should respond by sending a membership package by e-mail.

Alternatively, if you wish you could  download the PDF membership application form from HERE, print it, complete all the details and mail it to Reg Holmes.

The on-line instructions regarding membership applications are "Membership - Non members may obtain details of membership by using the online form on the club website. The pack that you will receive contains details of payment methods as well as information about the club. Payment from abroad may be made by credit card and the pack contains detail of that arrangement. Alternately you may down load a copy of the membership application form which should be sent direct to the membership secretary together with the annual subscription which is currently 12 per annum". These are the 2 alternative steps of the process that I have outlined and linked for you above.

Should you wish to make contact with the Membership Secretary, Reg Holmes by telephone his number is (01454) 898185. You will find his mailing address in one of the earlier postings above.

If you do not get a response within say a week or ten days to either of the alternatives, please post again and I will personally contact the club on your behalf.
Alwyn
Site Mod.

Offline trevorp

• Master Member
ldmc
« Reply #10 on: 08 Aug 2005 at 07:34 »
thanks for the offer alwyn much appreciated, i have my membership came in the post today
i took the advice and wrote a letter straight to reg
looks like a great club
thanks to all for advice
Trevor