Author Topic: parts book  (Read 2210 times)

Offline shuswapkev

parts book
« on: 11 Mar 2016 at 11:04 »

I have been parting a 26 EW together over the last year and some...
         is there an illustrated parts book available???
it would make my project much easier as I keep finding out about a part...that I didn't know I needed...

thanks
          kevin

Offline carl denton

Re: parts book
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2016 at 12:04 »
Hi

If you find a good parts list could you let me now where you get one from as i have got exactly the same problem . You can only work out  so much by looking at photoes on line

Offline oily bloke

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2016 at 14:24 »
Hi Guys,
So far as I am aware, the owners and maintenance manuals are illustrated but the parts book is numerical and descriptive but no pictures.
I built my EW from parts and found that the way to get info is to find someone who has one and go and take loads of photo's. Lots of close ups from all angles and take measurements. There are a few drawings about as well but they are not a complete set. I spent two years researching and making parts and ended up with a reasonable representation of the bike. I cannot call it a resto as the engine, gearbox and frame didn't leave the factory together.

Offline David Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2016 at 12:14 »
Hi All,
I can confirm that all the versions of the EW parts lists that we have managed to collect together do not have any illustrations, sadly a trend that seems to dog the majority of the 1930's.
However the Club archives does have a series of EW manuals albeit very variable and containing errors. We are at this moment in the process of producing a "new" version. We have incorporated bits of all the versions that we have including much of the information in the Leader of the pack publications, the latest one we have is marked as 5th edition and dated 1926.
The objective is to gather together information on all the variations that Douglas ever made public. Some owners are lucky enough to have an original machine but it seems that the greater number of survivors have been rescued by building up from parts gleaned from all manner of sources and therefore any information, diagrams and pictures will be of value particularly if they are gathered together.
It will also contain all the information of the oiling systems, the different carburettors and various additional extras that were available but HOPEFULLY far less errors than the original publications.
The books should be available by early April providing no unplanned delays crop up!!
Watch this space, or the April issue of the Club Magazine.
Dave

Offline shuswapkev

« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2016 at 11:03 »

a new pars book...wow ..lookin forward to that...
it seems any problem I have with pretty much anything can just be googled..  from  homemade roach bait to what the pins are on my dodge 5 pin flasher can..
real estate transfers...the various timing side crankpins matchless used...
           I have never been beat...if I looked long and hard enough....that is until I started parting the mighty douglas together...
I have gleaned about 40 or 50 pictures...of bits..but always seems to be one more...