Author Topic: LDMCC Club Logo  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Red

LDMCC Club Logo
« on: 15 Mar 2016 at 11:36 »
I have received an inquiry asking if we can shed any light on the attached photograph which shows the club logo stamped on some copper strip. The logo is only 7mm in diameter and the person making the inquiry would like to know if we can shed any light on what it was for. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

Roy

« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2016 at 20:37 by Dave »

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Re: LDMCC Club Logo
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2016 at 20:52 »
Roy,

The club did an enameled lapel badge that would have been coined. That was 20mm diameter (see image).

Given a diameter of 7mm, my guess would be embossing for cuff-links?

-Doug

Offline David Lawrence

« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2016 at 22:47 »
Regarding the copper strips of badges, many!! years ago I remember seeing some of these, if my recollection is correct they were made by a Club member who was in the plate making litho printing industry, I cannot remember exactly why he did this but think that we were attempting to get some silk screen type printing so as to produce a batch of Club ties, I have not asked our regalia sec, but it is possible that we still have one or two left. They were plain dark blue with the small badge printed in silver in the centre of the broad part of the tie, there may have even been an earlier version ( bad memory again) with very small badges all over the tie.
I would be interested to hear of anybody who knows otherwise.
Dave

Offline oil baron

« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2016 at 00:29 »
Hi Dave

Your memory is not too bad,  I had a club tie with the club badges all over it way back in the sixties when people still wore ties. How times have changed I have not worn a tie for some 35 years or so, or even a suit come to think of it. The tie must be one of the most useless items of clothing ever designed, I am sure it is only useful for protecting your shirtfront if you occasionally manage to miss you mouth while eating!

Cheers Steve.L
Steve L

Offline Dougiethenoo

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2016 at 19:36 »
These cannot have been used for printing, they would need to be mirror imaged to print the logo correctly.
I would guess they were being made to make badges or cufflinks as suggested above.

Offline Red

« Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2016 at 13:11 »
Thanks for all the replies.

Roy