Author Topic: New owner - well after 50 years.  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Hampshirebiker

New owner - well after 50 years.
« on: 11 Aug 2015 at 18:47 »
Hello, I'm Dave and I've recently bought a 1951 MK5. I had two MK models about 50 years ago as a teenager. The bike was advertised in OBM, it was a few miles from me and was reasonably priced. I've got to clean a load of gunge from the tank, do a few checks and then see if it will start. It should do, but has not been run for some time.
I hope the pic. downloads and promise that the ape hangers will go.
I'll no doubt have to draw on your expertise in the future.
Regards.

Offline eddie

• Master Member
Re: New owner - well after 50 years.
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2015 at 07:47 »
Hi Dave,
             Welcome back to the Douglas Clan! We look forward to seeing you at our Clubnights. We meet in the Farnham area on the 4th Wednesday of the month (PM me for full details). Don't wait until your bike is back on the road - turn up in/on anything - you will be most welcome, and there will be all sorts of advice available on getting your bike up and running (whether requested or not!!).
      Regards,
                   Eddie.

Offline Hampshirebiker

« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2015 at 08:39 »
Thanks Eddie, I have replied thro' PM, but not sure if it went. If not, please PM me with details.
Thanks, Dave.

Offline Hampshirebiker

« Reply #3 on: 09 Sep 2015 at 18:57 »
I have tried twice to add to this thread with a photo of my Douglas from the 60s. On each occasion the board has warned me that an attachment already exists with the same file name. The text has been lost both times as clicking on "back" shows an empty box. As all my pictures are in the same file on my PC,  I don't know what I can do now.
Any advice please?
Dave.