Author Topic: oc on ebay  (Read 5920 times)

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
too many dougli not enough time!

Offline Ian

• Master Member
oc on ebay
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jun 2005 at 04:14 »
He tried this one a few weeks ago and it did not meet reserve. Hate to think what it is - bidding went to over $5K. Seems to be a bitsa

Offline graeme

• Master Member
oc on ebay
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jun 2005 at 07:12 »
When I spoke to the owner of this bike, he was after $8k to buy a veteran Triumph - so I think this might be the reserve. It definitely is a bitsa - OC engine with a DT timing cover. It has obviously been raced, and I imagine this was typical of the modifications done in the early years of speedway.

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
oc on ebay
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jun 2005 at 05:55 »
Hi I think that this bike was one of Jeff Collins bikes from Chatswood Sydney I had morning tea with Jeff ( 20 years ago) and my father Richard Worboys to discuss 23/60 Vauxhall cam shafts Jeff went under the house to his Aladdin’s cave and brought 5 or 6new cams wrapped in antirust paper. In the back yard was his Presentation Wensum as presented to Boyd Edkins for his services promoting Vauxhall in Australia, a 23/60 saloon with thirsty engine an Essex fast 4 roadster an army blitz wagon and a Bugati with a Chrysler straight 8 shoehorned in. He never did let me see under the house but it was rumoured to have around 20 OHV DT style Douglas hidden Regards Daren
too many dougli not enough time!

Offline Alan

oc on ebay
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2005 at 04:42 »
Had a look at this bike a while ago and definately a bit of a mixture.
Quite a few bits missing such as the front wheel and had been used for racing as had a single extra damper on the front suspension.
If I remember correctly the engine was seized and appeared modified as would be expected re its racing background.