Author Topic: Dragonfly Clutch.  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Les Mills

Dragonfly Clutch.
« on: 01 Jun 2015 at 16:15 »
On tightening the nuts holding the pressure plate the outer plate is drawn forward so that there is gap between the thrust disc and the thrust ring, so big that the clutch will not free.  Do I need to measure the gap and fit more shims between the disc the outer plate.
I have tried assembly several times, and made sure that the key is not fouling and the nut will run freely up the crankshaft.  I don't appear to have any bits left over!  It was just a short while ago I came to the thought that it may need shimming.
As always any help greatly appreciated.
                    Regards,
                                       Les

Offline eddie

• Master Member
Re: Dragonfly Clutch.
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jun 2015 at 19:36 »
Les,
       Sometimes you need a shim about 50 thou thick behind the tufnol thrust disc - these are available from LDMCC spares - only problem is that you have to un-rivet the disc to fit it! Also, the 6 studs with the bronze bushes that go through the flywheel should each have a thin spacer next to the bush - from memory, I think they are about 80 thou thick. Both the shim and the spacers will increase the built up height of the clutch, thus creating more lift from the clutch release bearing.
    Regards,
                 Eddie.

Offline Les Mills

Re: Dragonfly Clutch.
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jun 2015 at 14:00 »
Hello Eddie,
                          Many thanks once again.  I will put in a request for the parts straight away.

Kind regards,
                                                              Les