Author Topic: Restored OB/24-25 600cc OHV Douglas for sale - now SOLD  (Read 6454 times)

Offline cardan

• Master Member
    • Leon's Vintage Motorcycle Page
The last Douglas from Jack's shed is the restored OB/24-25. The numbers of engine/gearbox/frame are all in the 800s, but I'm not sure of the year of production.

The bike is currently in touring trim, and was at one time rallied by Jack's wife. The OB is a sporty thing, but at the same time very well behaved and tractable. Keep it as it is, go sporty with flat bars and footrests, or fit a sidecar for some very pleasant vintage motorcycling. Just the thing for the Australian Douglas Rally at Bathurst.

More description and photos at http://earlymotor.com/forsale

With nice vintage 2 3/4s pushing over $A10,000, I'd be expecting offers in the range $A15-20,000.

Please ask if you have questions.

Leon
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 at 07:40 by cardan »

Offline cardan

• Master Member
Re: Restored OB/24-25 600cc OHV Douglas for sale
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2014 at 22:56 »

No interest? I guess everyone has one at home :-). Can deliver to Bathurst in November.

Leon

Offline Douglas52

« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2014 at 06:20 »
Hi Leon
Did you not receive an email from me?
I sent an EOI withing a day or two of your listing
Definitely interested

Cheers
Steve

Offline cardan

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2014 at 21:55 »
Oops. Something must have gone wrong with my mail forwarding. Let me look into it, but in the meantime use the email address here: http://earlymotor.com/leon

Sorry about that.

Leon

Offline cardan

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:40 »

One month, no offer. Pity.

Leon

Offline cardan

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2014 at 23:58 »

The bike is now fitted with a lovely restored P&H carbide lighting kit (headlamp, acetylene gas generator, tail light), and I have found a nice pair of correct Bowden levers to replace the more modern clutch and brake levers fitted in the photos.

The bike seems to be in excellent running condition. After a long slumber, I lubricated everything, pumped up the tyres and added fuel. The bike fired first kick and started on the second. Lovely idle (the AMAL carb probably helps - I can probably find an AMAC to suit if it matters), peppy performance, smooth clutch and gear change and comfortable ride. I didn't get to check the brakes!

If not sold beforehand, the bike will be at the Bendigo Swap Meet on November 15-16.

This is a very rare and technically interesting bike. If it were a 1924-25 OHV Norton it would fetch $40,000 and I'd be knocked over in the rush. The suggested price range is in the first post.

Leon