Author Topic: New Acquisition 1914 Project  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Chris54

New Acquisition 1914 Project
« on: 03 Sep 2014 at 11:25 »
HI All

I have just acquired a 1914 (i think) project, frame number 18347, looking at the dating posts on here makes the frame 1914, i very much hope i am right, it has the rear stand attachment holes in the rear tubes just in front of the rear lugs, has been suggested that this makes it a veteran.

The engine i think is 1915, engine number 19392 suggests it is early 1915, possibly not the original, just an engine that has been added to the small amount of parts that make up the bike.

It would be easier to list that parts i have than to list what is needed.

I would like to know what model it is, it has a 2 speed gearbox, no clutch, so belt drive to rear wheel, chain from engine to gearbox.

Has the remains of one foot board, probably whittled from a piece of scaffold plank, the tubes that attach to the frame have been replaced, I will have to find out how the originals where attached to the lugs and what size tube was used, the front lug having a 3/4" hole, the rear somewhere about 5/8",

The frame tube that runs under the tank is broken at the front end, a repair had been made with wire wrapped around to hold in place and then soft soldered to the tube, maybe easier for me to replace the tube rather than attempt repair as it has no lugs and does not encircle the down tubes completely.

If anyone is wondering, here is a picture from where it was listed for sale.

comments and suggestions welcome

Chris

Offline EX DEE

Re: New Acquisition 1914 Project
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2014 at 00:49 »
Well done, will be interested to see how you go with the resto. I also have recently aquited a 1914 for resto, so am also at the beginning. Good luck with it all, regards. Glen. :)
Life is a journey

motorcycle