Author Topic: hello de france  (Read 3153 times)

Offline jpc1974

hello de france
« on: 22 Sep 2015 at 17:40 »
Hello from France

I just registered on the forum, because I am looking for information for a 1923 or 1927 ew douglas

I may be bought this machine but missing parts

that's why I come to visit you on your beautiful site

is it possible to know if there are refabrications pieces and documentions  :| :|

good evening everyone

Offline kev

Re: hello de france
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2015 at 09:36 »
allo de france

congratulations on your purchase
  we would like to see a few pictures...   how much of the machine did you buy??    and what do you need??

there are a lot of parts around  I started out with just a couple of engine cases and now have near enough to complete the bike....thanks to gumtree and ebay... of course every part has been used well past its service life...each part requires a lot of enthusiasm

refabrications??...the club spares group has a bunch of vital bits... all the rest just need finding...as almost all of us have had to make a few bits....last week I made up a set of the crankcase eye bolts...and tonight have my first try at the hockey stick bolt that holds the cylinder and magneto...
this machine challenges my engineering skills a lot more than my BSA or Harley Davidson

good luck and keep up the communication

Offline kev

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2015 at 11:27 »
JP
  I found a good way to work thru the messages to get a heap of info on your particular model...
  for me it is the 26  ew model...
may sound overly simple but I just typed in ew into the search and it came up with several screens of info
I best part is all of the pictures and drawing I have lost track of ...as I was that was way ahead of me at that time...
then entered all the pertinent messages in one of my files...which I add to...
I know it sound child simple....but that system found all the messages I lost track of and a bunch more I didn't know where there..
and now all are In my file for future ref...

Offline David Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2015 at 20:34 »
Hi JPC,
I look after the various publications reproduced by the Douglas Club, we do have some information on the EW.
One book entitled Care and Maintenance of the 350 models 1926-1930, does cover some details of the EW.
I may be able to help with some further information.
All the Club reproductions are sold at a reasonable cost, The initial outlay is financed from Members subscriptions together with the profits from sales. All the profit is used to obtain further information and finance the printing of more manuals and useful publicity material.
Please feel free to email me direct using the email ikon below my picture. I will send you more complete details of what we have that may be of use.
Of course the best way forward is to join the Club, when you will have even more access to thpose with a wide experience of the EW.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Dave