Douglas - For Sale Items

Douglas 1913 Model P motorcycle

Douglas - Wanted Items

Douglas 1915 3 Spd-Gearbox and Clutch

Quick Comments

Reminders, links to interesting topics, bump your own topic, quick comments or any short message of interest to members. Try it out!
Please note - 500 character current limit

Dave

2024-06-11, 20:02:05
Have you tried the new Drafts feature yet? I just lost a long message today and learned my lesson. It is a good idea to save a draft of any long post you are writing. You can then just keep writing and keep saving a draft, knowing you have a backup if there is a glitch. The draft is automatically deleted when you post the message.

Dave

2024-06-08, 18:30:04
For Sale
xman has two very nice 1950's machines available - a green 1950 mk4 and black 1951 mk5 - both in good condition and running well.

Dave

2024-06-07, 02:13:36

Dave

2024-06-03, 08:23:05
For Sale
Duncan has just listed his green and cream 1957 Dragonfly for sale with spares and documents.

Dave

2024-06-02, 08:34:05
Parts avalable
alistair still has parts available - barrels, carburettor, castings - see all listings.

Dave

2024-06-01, 18:33:27

Dave

2024-05-28, 00:09:46
Welcome to the new site!
Recommended viewing for a fast start...
 - Quick Tour of the Front Page
 - Quick Tour of the new Attachments
Learn all about attaching photos in the User Guide. Any problems with anything please Contact us     Faulty links fixed - 01June2024

Misc 2 3/4 parts for sale: 1926 timing covers, carbies, levers, ...

Started by cardan, 05 Jan 2014 at 23:30

Previous topic - Next topic

cardan

I've found a few more 2 3/4 bits - yell if you need them. (If you just want them, rather than need them, perhaps wait a day or two so the more needy can have a go!)

TIMING COVERS NOW SOLD. THANKS

First a couple of 1926 timing covers. Solid but not glamorous. $25 each + postage

Leon

cardan

Two AMAC carburettors for Douglas 2 3/4: The one smaller one with hot air manifold is quite solid, has slides, missing float and tickler, and probably veteran? The other is larger, labeled Type 25E, looks very complete - possibly early vintage?

Offers please - it's not easy to find carbies these days. Yell if you need more info, measurements etc.

Leon

cardan

GATES NOW SOLD. THANKS

Two gear change gates (one may be spoken for already). Worn, but original! (It's a funny thing: I'd prefer a worn original over a perfect repro every time - others are different.) $20 each + postage

Leon

kev

cardan

oweryagoin mate

I,m looking for an engine oil pump or fragments of for a 1926 EW...
  hopefully you have one in the bottom of your box

cardan

McKaige

Hi Leon,
Was wondering if you have come across andy clutch parts for the CW?
Cheers
Chester

cardan

Hi Chester,

Yes there might be some small-size flywheel clutch parts there - for better or worse you wouldn't recognise the shed now! I hear you're far away now, so if you let me know exactly what you're looking for I'll have a scrounge next time I'm over. Almost all the remaining parts are sorted, so the clutch bits will at least be all on the same shelf.

Cheers

Leon

McKaige

Leon,
Missed you on the one and two in Robe.
Had a great time although I wasn't prepared to pay over 2 grand to trailer the Darracq across Bass Strait. So left it behind and got a hire car and then kept Ken Hall company.
The clutch on Jack's CW is seized solid. Not sure what I'll find when I pull it down so if there are some clutch parts that would suit, I think it would be good insurance.
Have to get a flywheel puller and some new springs.
Cheers for now
C

spider2127

Leon, do you have a primary chain cover and also the toolboxes with leather pouches by chance for a 1923 TS 2 3/4

cardan

No, sorry. I might have a rusty toolbox in my shed that could be used as a pattern, but these days most restorers seem to go for nice repro boxes.

Just a tip when advertising for things: post a photo and some measurements if you can get them. It helps those of us who might see bits but don't recognise every part from every model.

Cheers

Leon

spider2127

Thanks heaps I don't want any repo stuff so I will wait till I can find them as they are the only two bits I need as the rest is original.
Cheers  :)

Ron

Hi from Belgium, is the carb on the left of the photo with the two downward pipes 25E still for sale? Can you send it to Belgium? Thank you ! Best regards.

cardan

Hi Ron,
I honestly forget!!! I know I sold at least one of them, but I will have a look when I next get the chance - a couple of weeks.
Cheers
Leon

Ron

carl denton

Hi I am looking for the clamp that holds the motor on the frame of a ts also the one half of a 3 speed gear box ?
Yours Carl