Author Topic: Douggie Dumpford.  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Hampshirebiker

Douggie Dumpford.
« on: 17 Aug 2018 at 13:54 »
I can't guarantee the correct spelling, but here goes. As a teenager in Southampton in the 60s my pal had a neighbour who owned a vintage Douglas racer (?). The above named gent. claimed to have been a TT racer. From his age probably in the 20s or 30s although my memory of him is rather vague. Has anyone ever heard of him?
Thanks, Dave.

Offline cardan

• Master Member
    • Leon's Vintage Motorcycle Page
Re: Douggie Dumpford.
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2018 at 06:59 »

If he rode in the TT or MGP, his name should appear in the TT database: https://www.iomtt.com/tt-database/competitors?filter=D

Scroll through the names on the right, and if you find one you like see what races he rode in and what he rode. A bit of homework!

Cheers

Leon

Offline Hampshirebiker

« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2018 at 10:30 »
Nothing there really leaps out at me, but thanks very much for your response Leon.
Dave.

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2018 at 19:47 »
When I served my apprenticeship at Fords in the 1960's, Douggie Dunford lived just round the corner in Wessex Lane, and was involved in motorcycle restoration at Beaulieu Motor Museum.

Regards,
                Eddie.

Offline Hampshirebiker

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2018 at 14:47 »
Thanks for the correct spelling Eddie. Having checked the map, I believe he lived at the far end of a row of cottages on Bankside; off Wessex Lane. My pal lived in the first cottage.
Another one near Douggie (possibly next door) was David Pritchard. He went on to produce the Rick Stein cooking programmes for Southern Television. David was a tall gangly lad who rode an Itom 50. Happy days indeed.