Author Topic: Prop stand for Mk IV / V  (Read 5130 times)

Offline handgun

Prop stand for Mk IV / V
« on: 28 May 2013 at 16:25 »
The small centre stand is driving me mad, if the ground is not level ish it feels it is about to topple over!
Has anyone on the Forum got or has access to Drawings for a side stand / prop-stand that will fit with low exhaust and tubular silences.
Or any one that can make and supply ?

Regards
Dave  :lol: 

Offline ERIC BAYLISS

Re: Prop stand for Mk IV / V
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2013 at 14:40 »
 Dave you can get a universal prop stand of ebay to fit most bikes. I have got one on my mk 3 sports also on my 250 comet engined flat tank speacial. have used them on lots of old bikes with no problem.    eric

Offline tck

• old racer
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jun 2013 at 20:21 »
I cut a clamp prop stand down and fitted it on a U bracket (G bracket?) that encircled the exhaust pipe held at one end (top) of the exhaust pipe bracket and the other (bottom) on the engine/frame bolt.
It will touch down on enthusastic cornering but not a problem

Offline podge

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2013 at 10:03 »
Hi Dave

I had the same problem with my MK 5 - it got heavier as I got older ! I bought a Honda CBR 600 side stand complete with bracket and spring -for a few pounds off ebay. I made a triangular plate of 3/16 inch sfeel with holes drilled to pick up on the footrest bolt and the rear suspension pivot. I mounted the plate then offered up the side stand and bracket to get the right angle of dangle, marked the plate, dismantled and welded the bracket on to the plate. It worked out very successfully and have since made another one for a friend's MK 5 using a Honda CBR 600 side stand again off ebay. Attaxhed are some photos.

Regards

Paul

Offline podge

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2013 at 06:45 »
Hi Dave

Sorry but I gave you duff gen yesterday. The holes in the plate pick up on the footrest bolt and the brake pedal pivot not the rear suspension pivot.

Paul

Offline handgun

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2013 at 10:59 »
Hi Paul
Thank very much for the photo"s and the information, for the Prop stand. I am sorry I did not reply earlier.
We have been on a camping trip thro France, Spain and Portugal, and just got back !!
This way seems to be the easiest and neatest way to solve the problem.
I will make a start next week !!

Thanks again
regards

Dave     :D