Author Topic: 1915 2 3/4 Restoration  (Read 3128 times)

Offline bluethruxton

1915 2 3/4 Restoration
« on: 08 May 2013 at 09:53 »
I am attempting the restoration of a very delapidated bike that I bought about 10 yeras ago as a complete basket case. The project is going quite well but I am short of a few crucial parts such as the hand pump and the check valve. The tank I am using is the wide tank with the hole for the gear change rod through it. I also need some primimg cocks for the cylinders and one for the crankcases. I might also be interested in other parts to repklace the poor bits that I have; WHY?. I have some spares for swaps, or cash if preferred.
Kind regards to all.
Tim

Offline Hutch

Re: 1915 2 3/4 Restoration
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2013 at 08:07 »
Hi Tim,
I am also restoring a 1915 2 3/4, but I'm probably quite a bit behind you in terms completeness  as I only have about half a bike!. By "check valve" do you mean the non-return valve for the oil pipe on the crankcase? If so Bert Pol (do a web search for Bert Pol Vintage Motorcycles) indicates he has them for sale on his website.

I don't have a hand pump, but was most likely going to make one based on the pattern posted on this site (by Chris in the technical articles section if my memory is correct)  if I can't find one soon, I don't have any spare parts for swaps yet, but may be interested in anything that you have that is surplus to your requirements. I will PM you for details.

Cheers

Ian

Offline bluethruxton

« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2013 at 09:36 »
Ian
Thanks for the tip about Bert Pol. I bought some parts from him down at Bieulieu last year. I noticed he makes the non-return valve for the crankcase. I've used a similar item from a cammie Velocette, I wish I had known earlier.... The check valve I need is in the bottom of the tank as part of the hand pump. maybe i'll email him and see if he has one. He seems to have quite a lot of spares.
I was thinking of going to the rally in June. There is an auto jumble there, so I might pick up some bits. Have you been to it?
Regards
Tim

Offline Hutch

« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2013 at 23:47 »
Hi Tim,
Sorry i can't help you with the oil pump check valve - I'm in the same boat as you. I will probably be making my own when I get time. Hope you have luck in finding one through Bert Pol!

No I haven't been to the Rally (I presume you mean the Douglas rally at Stow-on-the-wold) as I'm in Australia and it is a bit far to travel! Though it looks like it will be a great event. I will be going to an auto-jumble in June (we call them "swap meets" here, tho' I think the only swapping that goes on is lots of cash for the parts rather than swapping parts!) , but it is in South East Queensland Australia, not in the UK! Might pick up the odd Douglas part here and there, but they are getting very thin on the ground.

If I come across any spares I'll let you know,

Cheers

Ian