Author Topic: 1930 S6 Con Rod needed  (Read 2880 times)

Offline kenanlin

1930 S6 Con Rod needed
« on: 02 May 2013 at 19:56 »
Hello , I am in desperate need of a good con rod for my 1930 S6 , mine is damaged beyond repair , hope someone can help , many thanks , Ken

Offline cardan

• Master Member
    • Leon's Vintage Motorcycle Page
Re: 1930 S6 Con Rod needed
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2013 at 22:57 »
Hi Ken,
I'm not familiar with all parts of all Douglases, but I have been sorting out a large pile of Douglas stuff. A photo of the bad rod, with some dimensions, would be useful for those of us who might see one under the bench, but have no idea what model it's from.
Leon

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2013 at 06:15 »
Ken,
        Chris emailed me to say you were in desperate need of a rod - I think I can help out, there is a spare rod in my box of spares - just not sure of it's condition - will have a look later today.

Regards,
                Eddie.

Offline kenanlin

« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2013 at 19:56 »
Hello Leon , Eddie , 
    Many thanks , I'll try my hand at putting a photo on here but not too clever at this stuff . Hope something good turns up , would like to get her back running well !! Is it permitted to give you my email or phone number on here ? If so and it's easier for you , then I will . Thanks again , wait to hear from  you . Photo to follow , I hope , Best wishes , Ken

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2013 at 20:11 »
Ken,
       Rather than publish your email address and phone number to all and sundry, send us a 'personal message' via the right hand icon under our 'location' on the left hand side of the screen.

Regards,
                Eddie.

Offline kenanlin

« Reply #5 on: 04 May 2013 at 08:46 »
Hello Leon / Eddie ,
  Here (I hope if done correct) is picture of my conrod , bit past straightening I think !!!!!!! The diameter of the big end is 2 inches , I cannot give the center to center dimension yet as they are away at an engineers , getting a price for new ones BUT looking generally on the net at prices of new ones it will be prohibitive although the engineer tool maker I am dealing with is semi retired and friend of a friend I am hoping it'll be half way reasonable ?? let you know . BUT would much prefer an original rod . Much appreciate your help , Ken

Larger view
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2013 at 20:39 by Dave »

Offline kenanlin

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2013 at 20:07 »
Hello , just want to say many thanks to Eddie for supplying a usable rod and Leon for the offer , I have done 250+ miles since fitting the new conrod and all seems well , taking it a bit easier for a while , happy riding , Ken