Author Topic: Newbie intro - 1936 Douglas Cotswold 350.  (Read 1926 times)

Offline River

Newbie intro - 1936 Douglas Cotswold 350.
« on: 11 Feb 2013 at 04:48 »
Hi All,
I'm a Newbie - located in South Africa.
I recently bought a running 1936 Douglas 350 from a fellow member of the VVC in  Johannesburg.
The plan was to compete in next month's 100th anniversary of the DJ, clean it up, then sell it.

When I enquired about it's history, I was staggered to find that it was once owned and restored in 1992 by my Uncle Eldred Nel in Pietermaritzburg, Natal  -  whom I have not seen since the mid eighties.
Cut a long story short -  because of it's history, I have decided to keep, fully restore it and pass it on to my grandson.

I would very much like to establish contact with any other Cotswold 350 owners. (seem scarce)
I will be in the UK in April 12-24 and would not pass on the opportunity to down a pint and talk 'Douglas'. Please pm me if there is a Douglas watering hole in or around London.

Will post a picture when I figure out how to do it here.  :wink:
R.

Offline Chris

• Master Member
Re: Newbie intro - 1936 Douglas Cotswold 350.
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2013 at 05:10 »
Hi River
It might be just too late for you during your visit to London but the Surrey/Hants section of the London Douglas MCC will be meeting on 24th April where you would be most welcome if you can make it. I am fairly sure that there are Cotswolds owned by members of that section. In any case if you intend to restore your "family" machine I would suggest that membership of the LDMCC would be to your great advantage. As the main source of available spares and with access to technical advice, historical archives, Douglas Regalia including transfers as well as a well produced bimonthly monthly magazine, you will find it good value at only 18.00 a year. Joining details including application forms can be found on the LDMCC website. I will send you a PM. for other information. Chris.

motorcycle