Author Topic: 2 3/4 (some veteran; nice 1915 frame), 350 EW parts for sale - all gone now  (Read 9670 times)

Offline cardan

• Master Member
    • Leon's Vintage Motorcycle Page
Hi All,

It's Ballarat Swap meet in a couple of weeks (relevant if you're in Australia) and there a few more Douglas parts available that I could bring along if anyone would like to buy them.

In addition to the TS25 and 1923 4 horse frames (on this board somewhere in the past) there is a really nice (bare) 1915 2 3/4 frame. There are also miscellaneous 2 3/4 mechanicals - gearbox and motor parts mostly. If anyone were really desperate for a veteran (in Australia, US and some other places, but not UK) Douglas, there may be c1915 motor/gearbox bits that could go with the frame. No forks, tanks, wheels ... though.

There are also a FEW EW parts. Some one-piece cylinder/heads, and some detachable head stuff (might be later than EW, but is 350), and a number of crankshafts (let me guess not very good!).

Oh, and the world's supply of funny-size 40-hole beaded edge rims for EWs. (OK, there are only eight!!) These take the 25x3 oversize tyres for the "24"" BE rim - the ones you can't get. Seriously, there are some nice rims if you need them.

Anyway, let me know if you're looking for anything "350". Don't get too excited, though, as there are no hard-to-get bits.

Cheers

Leon
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2013 at 10:10 by cardan »

Offline ste

Would you have a seat frame with springs, mudguards, a muffler and any footbrake parts for a TS 1924 please?

Offline cardan

• Master Member

Hi Stephen,

Sorry no luck with any of these - mostly just engine and gearbox bits.
There's a guy in Victoria who does very nice repro guards - if you know what you're after I'm sure he could make it for you.
Have you thought about making the pipes and muffler yourself? I've had some good success for simple systems like this with a (borrowed) hydraulic tube bender, a bag of dry sand from the hardware shop, some tube, and some imagination.

Good luck.

Leon

Offline ste

Thanks Leon,
do you have a contact for the guards maker please?
Stephen

Offline cardan

• Master Member
Hi Stephen,
His name is Adam Higgins.
I have a phone number, but as it's from a few years back I will send it to you in a pm. If it works, perhaps you can post it for others.
Cheers
Leon

Offline lindsay@melb

Leon, do you kno what site number you have at Ballarat? I am interested in any 1915 engine and gearbox parts. I am also looking for the headstock guide/clamp for a 1915 Douglas as well. Regards

Offline cardan

• Master Member

Hi Lindsay,
I think the 1915 bits might be spoken for at this stage: to be finalised but seems pretty certain. I'll have a scrounge through the pile next week and see if there might be other bits. Not sure what you mean by headstock/guide clamp?
I'll post the site number - as I'm sharing I'll have to check.
Cheers
Leon

Offline lindsay@melb

Leon, a picture of the part I am looking for is attached. I am looking to repair but if i can find a replacement that would be better.

Regards

« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2013 at 19:28 by Dave »

Offline cardan

• Master Member
Hi Lindsay,

Can you give me a couple of dimensions: the head stem diameter and the overall width of the spindle bearing.

Thanks

Leon

Offline cardan

• Master Member
A good deal of the parts have been sold to group members - nice to find loving homes for Douggie bits. Sorry to the people who asked for specific bit that weren't there.

The stuff in the pile was never earth-shattering, but there are a couple of interesting bits and pieces left:

A stepped timing chest crankcase (eng. no 11... I recall - 1913 or 14 without looking, definitely veteran), matching halves, completely bare in "quite OK" condition - serviceable rather than spectacular - but no exit wounds! Maybe $120 + postage

A pair of EW one-piece heads/barrels. Seem to be in OK condition, fins pretty good, valve seats not too bad... $50 + postage (beware if you're overseas - could be expensive EW barrels!!)

An EW? inlet manifold. I'm not familiar with this one but it's a mix of steel tubes and alloy flanges [edit: had another look - steel tubes up to a rectangular-ish alloy casting, then another curved steel tube to the carby]. Fits on the EW cylinders when I lay them on the floor and pretend there's a crankcase between them.) Looks quite nice $30 + postage

Can bring any of the above to the swap meet for pick up.

There are also exciting things like a box of EW crankshafts, a box of used TS pistons, a few TS crankshafts (condition unknown, but not twisted into a pretzel) , a few vintage TS cylinders, one 1920s TS crankcase (bare with matching numbers) plus numerous TS crankcase halves. You won't believe how cheaply I'll sell these things to you if you find me at the Ballarat Swap Meet on Saturday (site 720) and announce yourself as a Douglas group member.

If you want any of the things mentioned yell quickly as leftovers leave for the swap meet tomorrow (Friday) afternoon.

Cheers

Leon
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2013 at 01:27 by cardan »

Offline arturro

Re: 2 3/4 (some veteran; nice 1915 frame), 350 EW parts for sale
« Reply #10 on: 23 Feb 2013 at 22:37 »
Dear Leon
Have you got orginal aluminium valve cover and nut for engine EW 1926? I'm looking for it. I will be grateful for your reply.
Best regards Artur

Offline cardan

• Master Member
Re: 2 3/4 (some veteran; nice 1915 frame), 350 EW parts for sale
« Reply #11 on: 24 Feb 2013 at 10:09 »

Hi Artur,
Sorry, there wasn't much EW stuff and those parts weren't there.
Nice to meet up with a good cross section of "Douglas people" at the Ballarat Swap - by the end of the day every Douglas part had found a new home!
Cheers
Leon