Author Topic: How to wire up a Lucas Headlight switch  (Read 3347 times)

Offline Resto-Rob

How to wire up a Lucas Headlight switch
« on: 04 Nov 2012 at 13:26 »
Hey guys,
My little Dougie is sporting a Lucas headlight with a four stage switch on the back (off, C, H, L)
Now, the electrics arnt working and i cannot guarantee the previous owner knew what he was doing when he wired the bike up.... given the amount of cheap clips and insulation tape i am guessing he didn't?!

I cannot for the life of me find a wiring diagram for this type of switch! there are 9 terminals on the back and a spring loaded bridge across the top two.

Can anyone please help me out with what wire is supposed to go where?! I want to double check this guys wiring before it distroys the lighting gene or something.

Offline Idler

Re: How to wire up a Lucas Headlight switch
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2012 at 14:48 »
Hi Resto-Rob

If you look at my posting Idler on 22nd September you will see a reply from Kevin KMD showing a possible wiring diagram. I had a similar problem to yours with my EW but have not yet had the chance to get back on to it. Let me know how you get on. Regards, Rob

Offline Resto-Rob

« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2012 at 15:17 »
Hi Rob,

I have tracked down the correct wiring pattern for my switch however the problem i now face is that someone has removed the 1/2 charge resistor from the switch so i cant get half charge!  I am in the process of trying to locate another switch.... not easy, all the replicas are 3 stage not 4 stage :(
The wiring turned out to be rather simple and i am more then happy to help you out when it comes to wiring up yours.
If you know of another switch out there can you please let me know :)

Regards, Rob

Offline Idler

« Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2012 at 09:21 »
Good to read that you got it sorted bar the resistor. If I come across something I will let you know and thanks for the offer of help. Rob