Author Topic: Speedo drive and Kick start return spring - C32 Bulldog  (Read 4895 times)

Offline Resto-Rob

Hi Guys,

I am trying to locate a speedo drive (or complete set) for my C32 Bulldog. I know that the LDMCC offer them but i am not a member so have no access to the parts :(
I am also looking for a Kick start return spring for this bike.

Many thanks!

Offline David Lawrence

Re: Speedo drive and Kick start return spring - C32 Bulldog
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2012 at 08:54 »
Hi Rob,
I think you should seriously consider joining the Douglas Club, fees are very reasonable, and the pre war spares lads will probably be in a position to help. You mention in your other post that you are thinking of joining a club or two and getting out on a few runs, I would recommend that you consider a few days over in the UK and attend the Club annual rally which is usually held at Stow on the Wold a beautiful part of the country. Date not quite finalised but will be around the end of June, you would be most welcome with or without the bike, obviuosly more welcome with!! :roll:
Details of the Club can be found elsewhere on the forum, alternatively an email direct to the membership secretary Reg Holmes will get you a copy of the welcome pack. email is reg.holmes@blueyonder.co.uk
cheers
Dave

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2012 at 12:18 »
Rob,
        As someone new to the Douglas marque - a little warning! When refitting the kick start, don't be tempted to fit the lever in a more upright position. Mr Douglas fitted the lever just above the horizontal position so that most of the momentum of the swing is exhausted before the kick start quadrant contacts the inside of the 'box. Fitting the kickstart in a more upright position usually results in the top being punched out of the gearbox case.

Regards,
             Eddie.

Offline Resto-Rob

« Reply #3 on: 20 Oct 2012 at 18:31 »
Great! thanks for the heads-up Eddie! And Dave, i have contacted the LDMCC so i can find out the fees for joining :)

Offline kmd

« Reply #4 on: 20 Oct 2012 at 20:02 »
Hi Rob
The Prewar spares are out of stock of the speedo drives but do not let this stop you jointing the club because there are many other benefits to being a club member.
Regards
Kevin

Offline Resto-Rob

« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2012 at 07:20 »
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for letting me know that.  Is it an item that is still being produced?? I will no doubt still join and hopefully find one via the other members :)

Offline MRD

« Reply #6 on: 21 Oct 2012 at 10:18 »
Hi Rob
Wheels are in motion to get these restocked, but we are relying on different manufacturers to supply separate items for the speedo drive. And they all work at their own speed so we cannot give a ready date just at the moment.
Regards      Martin

Offline Resto-Rob

« Reply #7 on: 21 Oct 2012 at 12:25 »
Hi Martin,

Thats fine, i will just register with LDMCC and keep an ear out.  My bike has waited 80 years for a speedo, im sure she can wait a little longer ;)