Author Topic: Parts for my Douglas 1947 wanted  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Håkan Lindberg

Parts for my Douglas 1947 wanted
« on: 14 Oct 2012 at 09:13 »
Hi,

I recently bouhgt a Douglas 1947 T-35, and now I'm looking for one cylinder, two pistons with rings and two carburetors Amal 27/4. Where can I find this?

Thanks!
Hakan from Sweden

Offline David Lawrence

Re: Parts for my Douglas 1947 wanted
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2012 at 11:49 »
Hi Haken,
Welcome to the "club" I hope you find owning the Douglas a rewarding experience!
Regarding your request for T35 spares, if you look in Douglas Motor Cycles General Discussion section you will find a posting from a Roy Brierly showing some T35 barrels and pistons for sale. I do not know if he still has them but it would be worth a direct email.
I note your bike is 1947, this suggests it is a Mark 1, this era engine is rather different to all the later mark models, an easy method of being certain is that the rocker covers of a mark1 have Douglas cast into them, of course the engine number would also identify it. Good luck with your rebuild.
A quick plug for The London Douglas Motor Cycle Club, it would be well worth considering joining, we supply a bi monthly magazine, spares and manuals, if you are interested an email to our membership secretary Reg Holmes will get you all the information that you require to join us. Reg's email is reg.holmes@blueyonder.co.uk you will also find information on the forum.
Dave