Author Topic: wanted part of douglas 2 3/4 HP 1924  (Read 3866 times)

Offline keys and bolts

wanted part of douglas 2 3/4 HP 1924
« on: 10 Mar 2005 at 17:38 »
hello

I have a motor bike Douglas 2 3/4 HP of 1924 I seek a nose gear wheel, a handlebar, handbrake lever,2 weels and puts back foot

I am French
 my e-mail to have news boulonetclavette@wanadoo.fr

thank you to help me
i am French 1001 escuse for my pitiful English who was translated on Internet...

Offline alwyn

• 1928 - 2009
  • Co-Founder
  • Location: Late of Encounter Bay, South Coast, South Australia
Re: wanted part of douglas 2 3/4 HP 1924
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2005 at 04:33 »
Quote from: "keys and bolts"
hello

I have a motor bike Douglas 2 3/4 HP of 1924 I seek a nose gear wheel, a handlebar, handbrake lever,2 weels and puts back foot  
I am French
 my e-mail to have news boulonetclavette@wanadoo.fr  
thank you to help me

Hello, "keys and bolts",
I would like to help by identifying just what it is that you are in need of - that you need the handlebars, brake lever and wheels is clear enough but we are puzzled by the "nose gear wheel" and the "puts back foot" items. These descriptions may have been distorted by the machine translation of your French expression to English. Can you be a little more explicit please?

I have referred your enquiry to one of our experts in Douglas engines and he advised re the "nose gear wheel" as follows,
"There is just the timing train and the gearbox itself; which could be 2 or 3-speed in 1924. In the engine you have the engine or crankshaft pinion, the cam wheel below, an idler above, then the magneto gear at the top of the train. In the 2-speed transmission you have the lay shaft with gears, the high gear and the low gear, the latter two could also be called sleeve gears."
Is it possible that you could identify your need from this?

In regard to the "puts back foot" item the best guess is that you may be needing a rear brake pedal - our expert's guess is
...as a rear brake pedal. On the 2-3/4hp this is a heel brake pedal, off the back end of the foot board. Brake pedals are one of those items that are often found missing on old bikes."
Can you confirm that this is what you are seeking?
Regards,
Alwyn
Site Moderator
Quotable Quote - "640 k should be enough for anybody"! - Bill Gates - 1981.