Author Topic: dragonfly pistons  (Read 3358 times)

Offline woodman2490

dragonfly pistons
« on: 25 May 2012 at 15:55 »
I have just bought a so called fully restored Dragonfly and find that it has a broken oil ring .. its fitted with standard size Honda Pistons and I cannot seem to buy rings to fit ....the piston is a 3valve type numbers inside the piston are...G1 20355 also the number 413 ...the rings i keep buying have a 3 piece oil ring but the one fitted to the piston should be a One piece oil ring ...I need to know what the piston is so I can buy the correct rings.... any help will be much appreciated..Mick

Offline eddie

• Master Member
Re: dragonfly pistons
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2012 at 17:16 »
Hi Mick,
          From your description it sounds as if your engine has been fitted with pistons for a Honda CB250N. Now, the genuine Honda pistons have the 3 piece oil ring whereas pattern pistons used a one piece ring. I have just checked the pistons I have, and both the original and pattern pistons have the same drillings for oil drainage and the same width groove for the oil ring - so there is no reason why you can't fit the three piece rings on your pistons. If you would prefer to use the one piece ring, you could try contacting David Silvers (Honds spares) - he used to stock genuine and pattern parts. (Sorry, I have mislaid the contact details, but he has a website).
        Regards,
                    Eddie.

Offline woodman2490

Re: dragonfly pistons
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2012 at 16:46 »
Hi Eddie..Many thanks for your reply i have bought a set of rings from david silver so should be able to get my dragonfly running again.. many thanks mick