Author Topic: E.W.350 Oiling system  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Michel H

E.W.350 Oiling system
« on: 21 Apr 2012 at 16:03 »
Hello, on my E.W. I have the new system to fit out engine from n°YE6500. There is a tap on the pipe between the hand pump and the junction with the pipe to go up the sight feed. This tap doesn't appear on the diagram of the maintenance booklet. I'm not sure the right position of this tap handle, downwards (and perpendicular to the pipe) or aligned (and parallel to this pipe) ? Thank you for your help. Michel.
Michel

Offline roy

Re: E.W.350 Oiling system
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2012 at 18:31 »
Hi Michel, on the attached photo the position of the tap is in OFF position.

Roy.

« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2012 at 20:46 by Dave »

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2012 at 02:03 »
Micheal,

As you noted from the manual, there would not originally have been a tap fitted between the hand pump and the junction to the sight feed. Someone has probably rearranged things inside the hand pump such that oil will leak or drain into the pipe by gravity, and they fitted a tap to cut it off from the circuit when not in use.

Universally taps are arranged so that when the handle was in line with the flow, it is open, and perpendicular to the flow it is closed. there are exceptions to this with special arrangement taps, but for simple ones it is the general rule.

-Doug

Offline Michel H

« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2012 at 06:05 »
Thanks a lot Doug. Roy, it's an other tap that probably you don't have on your bike.
Have a nice week-end. Michel.
Michel