Author Topic: BTH light switch, 1930  (Read 5491 times)

Offline Tony Townsend

BTH light switch, 1930
« on: 19 Nov 2011 at 16:45 »
Hi I'm a new member . I'm trying to find a BTH light switch for A T6.Failing this the rotating part or a pattern to make the rotating part will do. i.e. I require the shape and position of the brass contacts on the back. the bike is a1930 model
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2011 at 03:34 by Doug »

Offline kmd

Re: BTH light switch, 1930
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2011 at 11:22 »
Hi Tony
I have recently picked up a WD BTH switch for my T6 at Kempton race course
Bike auto jumble.
The Stall holder had a box of new olds stock, I paid about 20.
The only difference was the lettering on the back but all the contacts were the same.
The Next kempton  is Saturday 3th December 2011
Regards
Kevin

Offline kmd

« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2011 at 12:29 »
Here is the BTH switch that i got from Kempton

« Last Edit: 13 May 2014 at 01:14 by Dave »

Offline Tony Townsend

« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2011 at 19:36 »
thanks for your prompt reply . this one does not seem to be the same as on the inside of the switch there are coils and also it is attached to an ammeter I shall see if I can get a photo or two up . thanks Tony

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2011 at 20:13 »
Tony,
          Are you sure your bike has a BTH headlamp? From your description of the switch, it sounds more like a Powell and Hanmer type with brass strips connecting it to the ammeter. The coil you mention is probably the half charge resistor. Also, the Powell and Hanmer switch has a cast aluminium knob with a blade and the positions for the knob are stamped into the brass headlamp shell.

Eddie.

Offline Tony Townsend

« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2011 at 01:14 »
Hi Eddie Thanks for your reply I'm assuming that the switch is made by BTH as the ammeter is marked BTH . The switch is 3 inches diameter on the inside and 2 3/16 diameter on the outside. the switch is held in place by 3 scews equidistantly placed around the static part of the switch on the outside . The switch is on the back of the headlamp shell and the ammeter on the top . The switch is soldered to the ammeter via a yoke type plate with access points for the lamps. There are places for 2 lamps and the connections are labled tail ,batt ,& dyn . the coil centre is made of pocelain and is held in place by a screw from the plate connecting the switch and ammeter.I shall try and sort out how to send photos when I can manage to scan them. Thanks in anticipation of more information.Tony

« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2011 at 23:49 by Tony Townsend »

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 22 Nov 2011 at 06:37 »
Tony sent in these photos of his light switch.

motorcycle