Author Topic: What is the best way to buy Douglas 350 from the 50`s?  (Read 3547 times)

Offline Kenyon

I am a new member and interested in Douglas motorcycles only few months. My father used to have a Douglas motorcycle from 50`s and Id like to have the same kind of bike. Is it easy to find bike or are they common? Im not sure the exact model but I will get a photo from the bike of my dads. He bought it brand new and traded to a dog five years later...... :(
Thank you for the answers

Offline Chris

• Master Member
Re: What is the best way to buy Douglas 350 from the 50`s?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2011 at 19:42 »
Hi Kenyon
    The just post-war and 1950s Douglas models were produced in quite large quantities and regularly appear advertised in Classic Journals and papers such as Old Bike Mart. They can often be found in Auctions and even more often advertised in the Club Magazine by members of the London Douglas Motor Cycle Club. A good place to start is to Join the LDMCC as an associate member so as to receive the Magazine. Upon finding a Douglas you can then upgrade your membership to full member. You can find how to join with details provided on this Forum and also from The LDMCC website www.douglasmotorcycles.co.uk   
Chris.

Offline Kenyon

« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2011 at 05:15 »
Chris,
Thank you for the answer. I will start to find a bike of my own. :wink:

Offline gpobantam

« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2011 at 17:04 »
Afternoon Kenyon.

If you contact me on my e mail mick.addison@tiscali.co.uk I might be able to help you.

Cheers Mick

Offline Kenyon

« Reply #4 on: 01 Nov 2011 at 06:46 »
Mick,

I will contact You later. Thanks!

Kenyon