Author Topic: 1913 2 & 3/4 clutch stuck !  (Read 1966 times)

Offline phil_h

1913 2 & 3/4 clutch stuck !
« on: 28 Jul 2011 at 18:56 »
I've been doing some nice trouble-free miles this year, but everything has to come to an end, as on the way to the mot this week the clutch slowly stopped working.
Does anyone have a diagram of it and any pointers of what I should pay attention to please ?

regards
phil

Offline phil_h

Re: 1913 2 & 3/4 clutch stuck !
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2011 at 20:35 »
Well that was a lot less painful than I expected !
I'd never noticed that the driving pulley was in 2 pieces !
Mine has a kickstart (that doesnt work) so the pushing end is a bit more complicated than some I'm sure.
Everything shows its age of course, but it would be very nice to see some pictures of others (hint :) )
Mine had 2 spring washers on the pulley bolt, so I took one off to take out some free play - I'm guessing that they normally  have a locknut ?
The pushing end is off-centre on the bolt driven by the sliding cam, and that's a bit too worn into a hollow in the bolt head for my liking, so that's a thing to sort out before it wears through !
It's pushed sideways because of the convoluted kickstart steady plate thing, which needs to come off and be straightened, together with the long mounting bolt, but that will all be a bit academic unless I get the starting teeth on the kickstart reprofiled :(