Author Topic: 2010 Girder Fork Rally  (Read 6677 times)

Offline Ian

• Master Member
2010 Girder Fork Rally
« on: 02 Oct 2010 at 02:11 »
Hi folks, if any of you want another rally to go, the Cooma Girder Fork Rally is in a couple of weeks (15-17 October). The entry form is at http://www.cemcc.org.au/girder.pdf. Entries close shortly. I will be on a Douglas there as usual ! Entries close 8 October but they are usually lenient on that ! Its suitable for a well sorted TS.

Offline graeme

• Master Member
Re: 2010 Girder Fork Rally
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2010 at 10:19 »
And just how cold was it on Saturday Ian?  :D

Offline Ian

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2010 at 20:11 »
Hi Graeme, you actually missed a fantastic weekend - Saturday was quite cold but sunny most of the time. It would have been cold for the kids in the sidecar although there was one there with a 2 year old who seemed quite happy !! As we climbed up the Snowy Mountains Highway there was snow on the ground and it actually snowed lightly near the top. Also at lunch a flurry came through. The changed the route to miss the highest points round Jindabyne as it would have been cold and windy that close to the mountains. It was a typical highlands snow day where it was snowing on the mountains but Jindabyne and Cooma were sunny. Even Eric Debo rode - and he feels the cold badly.

The only real problem was that everyones bikes got soaked on the way through Canberra on Friday so there were a number that proved hard to get going.

Offline graeme

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2010 at 03:07 »
I'm sorry we missed it. But as it turned out I got sick on Saturday night and Joanne last night, but she has it much worse than me - some sort of stomache bug. So getting home might have been a real problem!