Author Topic: Douglas S6  (Read 10118 times)

Offline tdale66

Douglas S6
« on: 30 Jun 2010 at 10:17 »
Hi to all,
           as you can see from the photo the c1930 S6 i have just bought is short of a few parts mainly, head , barrels and pistons, carb, exhaust and 1 footpeg as i hope to have located a magneto already. If you think you can help it would be appreciated

Regards Trevor

« Last Edit: 07 Jul 2010 at 21:24 by Dave »

Offline graeme

• Master Member
Re: Douglas S6
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jul 2010 at 11:53 »
Hi Trevor
Where do you live? I could possibly help with a few of the things you require - send me a message. You can get new pistons for the S6 from JP Engineering in Adelaide - they have the dimensions, as I sent pistons to them to be copied. I think that the London Douglas MCC has had some more silencers made up, the downpipes would be easy enough to get fabricated. My nephew has to get some made up for his restoration - perhaps we could get another set made up, or even more if the club wants to have some in stock? The carburettor will be harder, but I have seen them on eBay a few times over the years. I hope this helps.
Cheers, Graeme

Offline graeme

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2010 at 12:07 »
Sorry Trevor - I see you live in Staffordshire. A long way from Australia, but I think I can still help. Get in touch.

Offline Michael Scott

• Born again motorcyclist.
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2010 at 09:02 »
Hi Trevor & Graeme
I had set of pipes made this year for my S6 against a useable but rusty set by Nick Paravani near Snetterton (01953 454573) I used a club silencer and am well pleased with the result.

This winter's priject is a rebore so would appreciate contact details for the pistons Graeme.

Trevor my rebuild was not quite as poor a start as yours but close so if you are in the Cambridge area feel free to give me a call and come and chat
Regards
Michael

Offline Edin

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2010 at 16:27 »
Hej Trevor.
If you can`t find S6 cylinders in the area around you,- is it possible that I can help you.
I have some set cylinder and cylinderheads,- but dont know exact,- in what condition
If nothing comes up,- you are welcome to contact me for further information
Regards Edin DK

Offline podge

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2010 at 22:12 »
Hi Trevor

I have a lot of 1929 Douglas 600 cc engine spares including cylinders, pistons etc. Please e-mail me at <removed> and I will send you the list. I think that they might be compatible with your S6. I am located in Lightwater, Surrey, or phone me on 01276 471921.

Regards

Paul

[Email address removed. Use email or PM links to left (members only). 13Jul10  -Doug, Site Moderator]
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2010 at 23:48 by Doug »

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2010 at 17:26 »
Hi Trevor,
                I, too was looking for an exhaust pipe for my S6 and found I could make one in stainless from components available from Solid Fabrications in London (see www.solid-fabrications.co.uk). I bought 1 metre of 1.75"dia tube, 1 metre of 1.875"dia tube and a 1.75" x 180 degree mandrel bend for the princely sum of £35.50 +P&P. With a few other scraps and a bit of cutting and welding, I ended up with the pipe pictured below.
                               Regards,
                                          Eddie

« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2010 at 11:37 by Dave »

Offline graeme

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jul 2010 at 23:40 »
You're a better welder than me Eddie! Nice job. Best left to the experts in my case!

Offline tdale66

« Reply #8 on: 20 Jul 2010 at 16:56 »
Thanks to everyone who replied to my wanted parts ad, i have just got back from holiday so apologies for the slow replies but i will contact you all that have available parts and a big thanks to the ones providing the information too

Kind Regards

Trevor

Offline kmd

« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2010 at 23:25 by Dave »

Offline tdale66

« Reply #10 on: 14 Aug 2010 at 17:04 »
       A big thanks to everyone who answered my ad and a special thanks to Edin from Denmark who was able to supply me the barrels and heads i needed for the S6.
       Im still short of a carb, magneto,valve gear and toolbox lid so please look hard in those sheds!!!!

Regards Trevor

Offline Edin

« Reply #11 on: 15 Aug 2010 at 15:16 »
Hej Trevor
Try to describe what valve gear consist of (number- picture- sketch) to make it clear what it is.
Regards Edin DK